Pimple Perfect | Teen Ink

Pimple Perfect

By BrownEyedGirl GOLD, San Antonio, Texas
BrownEyedGirl GOLD, San Antonio, Texas

If life were easy, where is the adventure?
If you never leap, you will never know what it is like to fly.

Appearance and looks are a major factor to an attraction. It is the first thing that draws you in. You don’t see character or intelligence first, you see looks. You may try to deny it, but really a girl would say, “Oh! He’s cute!” A guy would say, “Man she’s hot!” Never have I heard, Oh! That guy is respectful first. Looks always seem to come first, and then once you date them do you start to look at their characteristics. I was just like this the day I went out with Xavier Davis.

Oh, no!! This is horrible! I looked horrible! Everything was ready, I planned out everything, and this happens. Of course it does, it’s just my luck. Instead of looking perfect on the day I get to go out with the perfect boy, I get a huge pimple on the day I get to go out with the perfect boy, Xavier Davis. Just the thought of him made me space out. He was so perfect, had those beautiful dark blue ocean eyes, dark wavy hair with bangs always slightly brushed to the right, and the proportions of his face never seemed to have a fault.

I still couldn’t seem to bring myself to believe I had the hugest pimple in the history of pimples on the day I get a date with Xavier Davis. It felt like if I blinked it would disappear and I would wake up from this nightmare. But no, it was there. Real as ever, mocking me as if a band of instruments were on my face waving banners to catch every ones’ attention. I can’t tell you how badly I wanted to whack my mirror to pieces.

I wanted to cancel my date so badly and I came close to doing just that, but thought better of it knowing it would be hard to get him to go out with me again. I dressed myself and applied heaps upon heaps of make-up upon that pimple ‘till I was at the point to where my skin looked to be a different color on that area. Nothing would help; I erased some of the make up on it and curled my hair in a specific way where one of my curls covered part of my right eyebrow hiding where my pimple was. This would have to do. I would have to be careful not to flip my hair or suffer embarrassment.

The doorbell rang and I grabbed my purse and flew to the door. I took deep breaths and attempted to slow my heart rate before opening it. It was useless when was finally open though.

“Hi,” he said in a stunning voice.

“Hi,” I said shakily, my heart now accelerating. I opened the door fully and took in his whole appearance. He was wonderfully perfect. Even more perfect than I remembered.

“Well, shall we go to the car?” I almost squeaked with excitement, and I nodded.

We made our way down the stone path quietly. I looked down blushing. I could feel his eyes on me and I tried to hide my nerves. I examined each stone until we made it to his car. It was a silver truck, not a scratch, perfect.

He opened the front door for me like a gentlemen and I slid in while he closed the door. The car smelled like pine and it was toxic. I couldn’t get enough; I inhaled deeply closing my eyes. I never cared for pine, but somehow when he was a part of the mixture it was amazing.

He made it in his seat and started the engine and turned to me. “I am happy you could go out with me today.” My blood rushed to my cheeks and I blushed a scarlet red. I pushed a piece of hair behind my ear and took his hand looking down at it.

“I am too,” and I raised my head to look into his eyes. He stared at me a smile creeping up his face. I didn’t understand what I said or did to deserve this reaction until I caught my reflection in the mirror. I turned away quickly taking my hand away to fix my hair over this cursed pimple again, but it was too late. He had already seen it.

He grabbed hold of my hand, “Wait! Leah, don’t worry.” I turned to him holding my tears of embarrassment, “I have one too.” He pulled back his bangs and there it was, a pimple just like mine.” I stared up at him in shock. It was over his right eyebrow, just like mine. We were pimple perfect.

I wrote this because I know how terrible zits can be, I thought on how they could possibly be good. I hope you all like it!

BrownEyedGirl GOLD, San Antonio, Texas

Aw thanks!  I thought it was bad, but it is nice to know someone likes it! thanx a ton again!

CocoCrayz12 SILVER, San Antonio, Texas

Let's not and say we did!

AMAZING!!!So cute!

love, Sarah