Goodbye | Teen Ink

Goodbye

By softballfreak42 GOLD, Holmdel, New Jersey
softballfreak42 GOLD, Holmdel, New Jersey

-DARE TO BE DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-A love story gone wrong. But that doesn't mean it wasn't a love story.
-Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.
-When writing the story of your life, don't let anyone else hold the pen.

Dear Sam,
I’ve made my decision. We’re done.
It seems like only yesterday when I plucked up the courage to say that I liked you and when you told me you felt the same about me. Now, almost one year has gone by, and we’ve grown apart. It’s strange: the more I see of you, the more we drift away from each other.
Last year, I was so upset that I didn’t have any classes with you except band. The only time I was able to talk to you was between a few classes. Now, this year, when I have 3rd period with you, we talk less and less each day. Today was the worst it’s ever been. In the morning, you came running up to me to find out what I got on my Science test yesterday just to see if you could beat me and then proceed to rub it in my face. Then, you didn’t wait for me after 3rd Period to walk to our next class together, which we do every day. You just left, without even looking back to see if I was coming. Then, when I was going to my locker at the end of the day, I just walked right past you, ignoring you; yet, you didn’t even seem to notice. Why you didn’t notice, I have no idea. But it has finally pushed me over the edge.
I thought we were both so alike, but with each passing day, I see how different we actually are. Maybe you were meant to go to a vocational high school and leave me. Maybe I never saw what you were really like. Maybe it would have been better if you didn’t have to keep “us” a secret from everyone.
Maybe I would have felt better if you had made more of an effort.
I don’t regret how I did feel about you, but I do regret that I didn’t put an end to my pain sooner. I don’t think you realized how much I cared about you. I really did like you, Sam. But the actions you’ve been taken lately have been interpreted as you wanting out. My question to you is, Why couldn’t you man up and tell me how you felt? I could’ve handled it. I could have put on a face and you’d never know how much it hurt. But now, like everything else that has gone into this relationship, I’m making the next and final move.
Goodbye, Sam. Hopefully you’ll find someone who appreciates you for who you are. I just wasn’t her.
-Joy

This piece goes out to all the people who are going through what Joy is. Please comment. =D

writerssoul said...
writerssoul, One, Delaware
I really like this! The feelings she is going through are realistic and so is the situation. Keep writing:)