Abusive Boyfriend | Teen Ink

Abusive Boyfriend

March 10, 2011
By Haley_Elizabeth GOLD, Wallingford, Vermont
Haley_Elizabeth GOLD, Wallingford, Vermont
12 articles 0 photos 90 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Embrace imperfection rather than hide your flaws."


"Don't. Hit. Me." I said through my clenched teeth. "Don't. EVER. Hit. Me." I had enough courage to say these words but, now, whatever ever courage I had was gone.

We were behind the schools back building. No one could have seen us. It was almost 5PM and down here, in these parts of Arizona nobody was still at school on a Friday, no students, no teachers, not even the janitors.

"Why was that guy talking to you?"

"I don't know, Will, okay?" I sounded kind of b*tchy, but I definitely had a right after he slapped me.

He shook his head, looking furious.

"I'm leaving."

"You will leave when I say you can leave, got it?" He talked slowly.

"Actually. No." I smiled letting him no I wan't afraid of him anymore. "I think I can leave whenever I want to." I held my voice on the word 'I.'

He looked at the not-so-green grass and slowly raised his hand.

"Please." I paused as he looked at me. "Don't."

"I wasn't going to." He looked as if he was going to cry.

"You did before." I said at my softest voice knowing he could still hear me.

I leaned against the wall of the back building and lowered myself to sit on the grass. When I saw Will coming to sit next to me I rested my forehead on my knee's.

"Listen..." Will started but got interrupted.

"I don't want to listen. I've been listening and I'm done." I stood up and looked at him as he raised his head to look at me. "I'm done with everything. You can't treat me like this. I won't let you." My voice was now a whisper.

He stood up. "I won't let me, either." There was a long pause. "I promise. I'm sorry."

I tried turning away but he grabbed my hands and I didn't try to pull free.

"I love you." Will had tears in his eyes.

Will has always told me so many times before. 'I. Love. You.' I've always believed him. Those small little words. They always made me forgive him. Will this time be the same? Probably, I answered in my head, and I'll hate myself for it. I can't help myself sometimes. I used to think of myself as 'lucky' for having a boyfriend like him. Yep, I sure am a Lucky Ducky! I have a hot boyfriend that just violently touched me for the first time ever in 3 years of dating. Maybe it was just him slipping up. We've been together for so long and it's never happened before, so it probably won't ever happen again. Yeah. I know Will, and 'Abusive Boyfriend' is NOT his title. Right?

"No!" I pulled away from him. "Do you not remember that you just hit me?! If you loved me..." I breathed out. "...you would have never done that."

"Harper, I'm sorry." He looked in my eyes. "I didn't mean it."

"If you didn't mean it, you wouldn't have done it. Your an a**hole and I'm in done with taking the blame." I turned away and headed for my car.

"B*tch." He whispered as he watched me walk away.