Unpleasant Surprise | Teen Ink

Unpleasant Surprise

By briannaenge BRONZE, Auburn, New York
briannaenge BRONZE, Auburn, New York

First dates are never really what they are made out to be. Some people say there was love at first site or it was the worst experience of their lives and they never want to date again. People are always nervous to go out on their first dates. They expect it to be the best time of their lives. First dates never go as planned. You never know what you’re going to get unless you try.
Page was a very tall skinny girl. She had long brown curly hair, brown eyes and always knew how to keep a crowd entertained. She was the life of all the parties. She was also athletic and wasn’t scared to get her hands dirty. Page always had all the boys chasing after her; she was beautiful, funny and also played sports, the ideal girl for most guys. She always would be asked out on dates but she never accepted. No one knew why, she never had a boyfriend or really ever showed she was interested in anyone. But deep down Page had the biggest crush on one of the soccer players, Lucas was his name. He was very popular, had many friends and was the guy all the girls wanted to be with. She had always hoped he would ask her to hangout or go to the movies or to dinner. But she knew she wouldn’t be able to go with him. Pages parents have always been very strict with dating and she wasn’t allowed to go out with someone until she was sixteen. Page was too embarrassed to tell people her parents wouldn’t let her date, while all her friends were able to. But she went against her parents and asked Lucas to be her date. He said “Yes”, and she started planning out how their first date would go.
Page was turning sixteen in two weeks; she was planning a huge sweet sixteen birthday party. She had only wanted one present, that was for Lucas to ask her out on a real date and she knew that she could finally say “yes”. As the days past and the party was getting closer, everyone was now getting the invites and it was the talk of the school. She had the perfect outfit, perfect music, great food, and knew all of her friends would be there with her. All Page could think of was that perfect moment, she got butterflies every time she thought about it. “How would it happen?” she asked herself. “Would we be dancing to a slow song, sitting down gazing into each other’s eyes holding hands and would it end in a kiss” Page thought to herself. For the next couple of days all she could do was run scenarios through her head of how this would happen. It would be the perfect moment.

The day had finally arrived for Page’s sweet sixteen. She woke up bright an early just to make sure she looked perfect and so did everything else. The time had come for her to go to her party. As she arrived, she could see all her friends piling in and she couldn’t help but have the biggest smile on her face. She started walking in and all of her friends turn and scream her name, clapping for her. Time was going by and she still hadn’t seen Lucas. Page kept wondering why he wasn’t there, maybe stuck in traffic, maybe he got lost, maybe he got in trouble with his mom. But as all these bad thought were running through her head, he had walked in. Page runs over to him and gives him the biggest hug. As she finally let go of him she stood there in horror and realized he had come with another girl. She didn’t know what to do; this was supposed to be her perfect fairy tale night, with the perfect guy, the perfect outfit, perfect everything! She was heartbroken. Page didn’t let this ruin her first date experience she just learned from it. She learned that you can’t expect everything to go perfectly.

No first date ever turns out as planned. Everything can be going perfect and all of a sudden everything burns and falls to ashes. Sometimes first dates are the best things that have ever happened to somebody. It’s like a present you’ll never know what you’re going to get until you open it. Everyone takes something away from their first date experiences, whether it’s good or bad.

My first date was so awkward... he was late as well. We barely talked and I was so happy when the date was over!

You may have the worst experience on a first date , but if the guy really likes you he wont give you up!(: 

My boyfriend and i have been together for 8 months and we are happier than ever! <3 

billgamesh11 BRONZE, Grafton, Massachusetts

"It's always darkest before the dawn." ~Florence and the Machine

I agree, it is very truthful

My first date was very awkward...he had brought along a friend...................

I learned to tell the guy to not bring anyone but himself in the future :):):);)

averagexauthor, Louisiana

"Excuses are monuments of nothing"
-Nate Singleton

<3 luv the lesson in it.... sooo true(: