One Last Wish | Teen Ink

One Last Wish

By kimberdawn SILVER, Sedalia, Missouri
kimberdawn SILVER, Sedalia, Missouri

The sun, with all these planets revolving around it and dependent upon it, can still ripen a bunch of grapes as if it has nothing else in the universe to do.

~Galileo

I close my eyes tight and pull my stuffed dog closer to my chest. Its getting harder and harder to focus on happy thoughts. Your parents hate me, your sister was told to stay away from me, and you won’t even look me in the eyes. The tears roll gently down my cheeks ending their simple journey as they fall onto my pillow. I swore I wouldn’t cry, that I would be strong, but thinking about how I will never be able to make you blush or smile, how I will never be the one to make you laugh, how I will never feel the warmth of your body as you hold me near, kills me. I sob into my pillow, clutching Emmett closer to me. The pain of the simple little facts sends me gasping for relief. Music. Where’s my iPod? I search around for it frantically, my hands touching the smooth cover just as a wave of memories washes over me. I stuff my head phones in my ears and turn up the music, blasting away the memories that threaten to take me back I smile at the painless bliss that drifts over me. The music beats back all the memories of us, brining me sweet relief. As I relax and fall into the black abyss a flash of a distant star glares through my tightly shut eyes. I giggle humorlessly and make my last wish.

“Star light,
Star bright,
Last star I see tonight,
I wish I may,
I wish I might,
Wish upon this star tonight.
I wish…
I wish he could see just how much he means to me.”

I wrote this soon after my boyfriend and I got into a big fight. Unfortunately, the relationship ended. But I have moved on to a better guy who loves me no matter what.

wolfexeder BRONZE, Chubbuck, Idaho

the pain will go away but the scares will remain.

is that guy me babe the one who will love u nomatter what

GuardianoftheStars GOLD, Shongaloo, Louisiana

"Let's tell young people the best books are yet to be written; the best painting, the best government, the best of everything is yet to be done by them."
-John Erslcine

Nicely written.  I love the small little details.  :)