Together? | Teen Ink

Together?

November 6, 2012
By Pattyn88 GOLD, Indianapolis, Indiana
Pattyn88 GOLD, Indianapolis, Indiana
18 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
"truth is everyone is going to hurt you, you just have to find the ones worth suffering for."
-Bob Marly


“This is not a love story; this is a story about love.”
He liked her. She liked him. Seems simple enough, right? Well it’s not simple. Anything and everything that could get in the way of them being together did.
She liked him:
He was tall, well at least to her he was. He had long hair and eyes that you could get lost in. He was so nice and kind it overwhelmed her heart. She wanted to be with him. She knew right away that she liked him.
Her “friends” made things awkward:
They didn’t care. They didn’t care about how it made her feel. They still talked about how much she liked him, right in front of him. She was dying on the inside. She knew they were ruining her chances. She could feel her cheeks turning the color of apples, but the kept on talking.
Time passes:
They both went back to school and see less and less of each other. A year passes before they see each other again.
She got his number:
She worried all night about how to ask him. She almost didn’t get it, but the feeling in her heart pushed through all the fear. It was probably the worst and most awkward way to get some ones number in the history of getting numbers, but that didn’t matter, because she got it.
They became friends:
They texted and talked and became friends. They slowly became close. It made her the happiest girl in the world.
He had a girlfriend:
He had a girlfriend. She didn’t care. At this point all of her friends were whores, so they said go for it. “I love him, he loves her and you can tell because they’re dating, but I don’t care because he likes me too and that’s enough for now.”
He becomes single:
He becomes single. She smiles. The amount they text each other goes up.
He asked her out:
It was the day she had been waiting for. He wanted to be with her, just as much as she wanted to be with him, and it showed, for he had finally asked her out.
She said…. No:
She thought through everything that could go wrong. She thought too hard about the distance between them. She did what she did best and pushed him away.
She regrets it for the rest of her life:
She went home and cried. She realized the mistake she had made by turning him down. She had finally gotten her chance and she passed it up.
He dates other girls:
He moved on to other people. He dated other girls. He seemed to like them all. She wondered if even remembered how they both felt once upon a time.
She dates other guys:
She knew if he could get over her, than she should get over him. She did get over him, but she never felt what she did with him, with anyone else.
They start talking again:
It’s almost like it never happened. They start at the bottom and rebuilt their friendship again.
He liked her and another girl at the same time:
It killed her to know that she was on his mind again, but she wasn’t the only one. Her and the other girl were friends which made everything more awkward.
He did nothing to be with either of them:
He didn’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings, so he didn’t date either of them.
She cried at night:
It killed her. She would have been happier if he had picked one of them instead of leaving her hanging.
She was in love:
She knew she loved him.
God knows what was running through his head:
Did he love her? Did he care? These questions ate away at her heart.
They became better friends:
Their friendship grew more and more every day. They were closer than they had ever been before.
He gave her advice:
If there was a guy she liked he was the first to know. He would give her advice on what was running through the guy’s head. He helped her get guys.
She set him up with girls:
She would set him up on dates, like it was nothing. On the inside every girl she set him up with was a knife to the heart.
They never went out or expressed their feelings for each other. The End “Some people are meant to fall in love, but not meant to be together.”