August Moon | Teen Ink

August Moon

July 10, 2013
By Zoe-Alyssa GOLD, Fayetteville, North Carolina
Zoe-Alyssa GOLD, Fayetteville, North Carolina
13 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
In the summer the song sings itself.


Bueatie is very special. She is class president, captain of the cheerleading squad, and an A/ Honor Roll Student. But none of that is what makes her special. When Bueatie was born her mother were 13 years old and 7 moths along. She was born with a weight of 4lbs 6oz and a height of 18.6 inches. How she survived is unknown. But the truth finally unveils itself. All on an August Moon.
Chapter 1: My Birthday's Tomorrow
Bueatie Allyison Yammes

I will turn 13 tomorrow. My friends have a huge surprise for me. As for my mother she seems more worried than anything. She began asking a lot of weird question since about 2 weeks ago. Anyhow I am just getting out of school and walking home. But when I get home my eyes suddenly begin to hurt so I prayed but as I begin to say “Dear Almighty Lord” a sharp of pain went through my head. I went to bed thinking I was stressing my birthday.
Chapter 2: Beauties' Birthday Is Today
Luka Dayton Paeans

Today is Beauties’ birthday. At school we decorated her locker in her 3 favorite colors; red, blue, and purple. When she sees her locker she’s happy but not “happy”. Today is going to be perfect, but I have to break-up with her. She and I have been together 2 years. About 8 months ago I began dating her best friend. It was supposed to be a place to release my emotion. But it turned into more. I won’t accept all the blame in this relationship. Lately she’s been pretty distant. It makes me feel like I’m the only one in the relationship. Like she is hiding something. Something important.
Chapter 3: I'm Reading Beauties' Profile
Michael Klaus Baccer

She sounds very...special. I’ve been watching her. she is so carefree. I am the guy who transfers everyone. This is going to be a little bit harder cause of her blood flow. It is more rapid and harder to get the venom to her heart and lungs. Then they must have a struggling death. Once they died you must bury them on a full moon. After 36 minutes the transfer is complete. Tonight is a full moon. The transfer starts soon.
Chapter 4: I Gotta Tell Her About Luka
Dannie Anne-Marcy Nottiuz

Based off of how Bueatie is acting, I have a feeling Luka told her about “us”. I just hope she is still able to be my friend.
Chapter 5: I Notice Dannie And Luka
B.A.Y.

Are really close together. At first I think they’re exchanging birthday details, but then she kisses him. And he doesn’t fight it. I take off running. I run into someone I didn’t know who they were. But I just start crying not caring if they saw me or not.
Chapter 6: Dannie Was Wrong
L.D.P.

Dannie said that Bueatie knew about “us”. So when she kissed me and Bueatie took off I was surprised.

“I thought she knew!” I yelled.

“She does now.” Replied Dannie

She tries to kiss me but I push her away.

“Don’t ever. Ever. Touch me again. I thought you were best friends?” I still shout.

“You thought wrong.” She says.

“You’re just a cold-hearted, insecure, jealous little girl.” I say.

“Yeah but you like it.” She says.

“Yeah but now we’re also over.”

That was my last remark.
Chapter 7: I Found Bueatie Crying
M.K.B.

She was running from someone. All she kept saying was something about; Dannie and Luka. I tried to calm her down for the moment and I take her to the green house. (Seriously how many schools have one of these?) I let her cry for about 4 minutes after that. Then when she stops I ask her to tell me what happened. She just found out that douche bag of a boyfriend was cheating on her. I asked her is today her birthday. She responds with a yes.

“Has your mother told you what a transfer is?” I ask.

“Like a school transfer?” She says.

“Um….No it’s a little more complicated than that. Remember how you we’re born early premature and no one knows how you survived?” I say.

“Yeah. I am supposed to be a miracle baby. Why is that not true?” She asks.

In her eyes I see pain and hurt.

“No that isn’t the truth. When you were born and your mother saw you, she called me. The only way you could have survived is if your mother agreed to have your soul transferred at younger age. On the day of your 13th birthday. “I say.

She starts crying and this time she doesn’t stop.
Chapter 8: My Soul Is Going To Get Transferred
B.A.Y.

I haven’t exactly figured out what it meant. So I ask Michael to tell how the “transferring” thing goes down. “Instead of sugar-coating it he tells me straight out. I have to transfer my soul to hell. I have to become a vampire.


The author's comments:
This piece is going to become a series called "August". The next piece is going to be called "August Sky". Hope you read the next piece.