Prince Charming | Teen Ink

Prince Charming

Her skin was white, and dewy, it looked like fresh fallen snow molded into a beautiful figure. Too beautiful to be real, but too beautiful for any imagination to construct.
I had seen her living before, her deep charcoal eyes, the faintest hint of blush to her cheeks. Her lips blood red. Her hair brushed her shoulders and shone like obsidian against the faint light that leaked through the shivering leaves. I sang to her that day, a soft lullaby to her sweet voice that called back shyly. It was the first time i’d ever seen her, and i’d fallen in love. Now I sat, crouched on one knee before her lifeless body. Tears stung my eyes and forced their way onto my cheeks.
Her body still seemed so gentle and fragile, the Earth begging to pull her from her crystal casing and claim her for it’s own. The woods enveloped her in warmth and the trees guarded the rain from pelleting the crystal. The flowers that she clasped in her hands had begun to wilt, despite their best efforts. Seven dwarfs circled her grave, rigid like stone, tears staining their small faces.
I stood and lifted the glass. She smelled of cinnamon and nutmeg, the faint smell of apple on her lips. I kissed her lips. To say goodbye, what I had dreamed of doing while she live was only achieved in death, to kiss her supple lips and feel the velvet of her hair. My tears dotted her skin as I realized the iciness of her mouth, cold like her snowy skin. I cried into my fist, pressing it to my lips as I slid from her coffin to the ground.
It was a sigh, faint and weak, a yawn, an awakening. I wiped my eyes and pivoted on my heel, mouth slightly open in shock and surprise. Her arms rose above her head and she stretched her small waist. She sat up slowly and rubbed her eyes groggily with her fist of flowers. She held the wilting flowers to her nose and smiled, content with their scent. She turned her head quickly as I stood and her dark eyes popped open widely as I slowly approached her. She smiled in recognition and held her arms out to me. Sweeping her into my arms I kissed her, the warmth of her lips, hugging mine.

theblondechick GOLD, Kingsport, Tennessee

I want to live and feel all the shades, tones, and variations of mental and physical experience possible in life.
And I am horribly limited.
-Sylvia Path

This was so sweet! It was interesting readinging it from his p.o.v. Don't you just love fairytales? *dreamy sigh*