Being with Her. | Teen Ink

Being with Her.

January 12, 2014
By kalixoxo SILVER, Cumberland, Rhode Island
kalixoxo SILVER, Cumberland, Rhode Island
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

He sat in the back of the classroom, sketching a girl he once saw in his dreams, the bell rang and the class dragged themselves out. He leaves the classroom and bumps into her, he blinks twice. "Could it be? Is that really the girl from my dreams?" He thought to himself, looking over every detail in her face he soon realized he was being completely rude. "I'm sorry, hi I'm Ryan." He gestured out his hand, she took his hand but said nothing. Instead, she signed to him, "Hi, I am Delylia." He never met a deaf person so he didn't know what she had said, he smiled warmly at her. "Can I walk you to class?" She nodded her head, and handed him her books. "Did you just move here?" She nodded once again. He walked her to her class not saying another word. She stopped in front of a door and turned toward him. He gave her, her books. "We should do this again sometime." She kissed his cheek and entered the room. He walked away smiling. Everyday since then they walked each other to class for three years, they fell in love with one another and never wanted to leave each others side. Delylia, taught Ryan to sign, and he taught her how to cook. They were made for each other, so when Delylia told him she was going to New York right after graduation, he fell apart. He loved her he couldn't lose her now. As Delylia's name was being called Ryan ran up on the stage and got on one knee; he pulled out a ring, and signed to her, "I have never been more sure in my life, I love you with all my heart, I would do anything for you. I just ask one thing... Will you Delylia Rose Trinity, take my hand in marriage and be my lovely wife? She started crying and signed yes, he stood up and Swung her in his arms. She kissed him repeatedly. Eight months later, she was standing next to him in the chapel, and he signed, "I do."


The author's comments:
My best friend, who is deaf, found her soulmate, and it really inspired me to write it.