Winters Trap | Teen Ink

Winters Trap

By Roxannethedreamer BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington
Roxannethedreamer BRONZE, Vancouver, Washington

A long a path we walked seemed like forever. I stared romantically at my boyfriend wondering if my parents will ever find me. Were headed towards the mountains, he says there is a cottage he build with his father a long time ago, no one knows where it is but him. I think back to when we agree to run away from our parents, the only reason we ever became close. Our parents put us in a class because they thought we were crazy for the rebelling phrase we went through. I said I was going to burn the government and demand changes around the world. He had the same idea, except, not so gruesome. He wanted to make a banner symbolizing what we are, and what is to come and put it every well known place to spread the word, eventually having a group of people following in his footsteps and eventually taking force when they have noticed what was really going on. His ideas was amazing, I really thought it would work, if his mother didn’t find the blueprints to every popular sites around the world, and the fact his Journal looked like he wanted to rule the world with his justice.
“How much longer?” I asked him while holding his hand on the stick shift of the car.
“Not too much longer until we hit the mountain. Were basically on it.” When we get to the little cottage I was telling you about, we can start planning on what were going to do from there. You know our families will look for us for a while and eventually give up. When we stay up there, no one will know that were actually in the mountains. There is no trace of us going here, no journal, no plans; because it was a verbal talk during the private session we had together. Every thing will be lovely, just you and me, on the mountain, with lots of snow, and maybe kids. Its paradise”
“I sure do love the snow. Kids will be fine after we get married.” The car started to rattle and broke down. “Babe what’s wrong with the car?” I was concerned to what was going on.
“I’ll go check, you stay here and be has warm has you can.” He jumped out side and check all around the car. I looked out into the horizon only to see untouched snow and the sunset making the snow brighter that it appears. It’s so beautiful, I will love living up here for the next 2 months. “Babe?”
“Yeah?” I replied, he opened the door and stared at me.
“We have to walk the rest of way; the truck is stuck in the snow. Come on lets go.”
Just my luck I thought to my self. I just shook my head has we walked towards the sun. We held hands has it became dark, and very cold. The winds were harsh and started to develop into a harsh blizzard, I held on to him has we kept walking into what seemed like to our death.

A cold winter’s night with the rushed snow blowing in my ear. We walked that seemed like forever. “I can’t walk anymore Kyle.” I complained have I tried to lift my leg from the 4 foot snow.
“Come on babe, the cave is right ahead. I’m right here with you. I won’t leave you I promise” His smile had a warm feeling that made me smile a little bit. But I still think were going to die. I looked ahead and saw the black sky in front of me, and the white harsh snow rushing in front of my eyes. Suddenly I saw it, the cave he was talking about. We walked in the cave when the ground started to shake, I tried catching my balance but I fell upon his chest listening to his heart. I looked up at him and he just smiled. The shaking of the ground stopped, I looked around. The entrance was blocked, no way out. Now I know where going to die.
“We’re trapped” I pointed out worriedly.
“At least were together”
“We have nothing but our clothes. Our food supplies are in the cabin where we’re supposed to be.”
“Have faith okay? Everything will be fine”
“Faith? In what?”
“The light will show us the way” He said while sitting down at the edge of the cave.
“Do you want to die?” I was still standing below him.
“I mean, we’re going to be rescued I can feel it. Just have faith that they will find us and dig us out.”
“Of our grave” I said folding my arms and eventually rubbing them. I had a snow outfit, but it’s never enough after a while.”
He smiled at me and stood up beginning to wrap his arm around my waist and kissing me. He held me tight and released his lips upon mine. “I read that if people cuddle, there body warm will warm both of the bodies.” I smiled because I knew he just wanted love, and to make me feel better. I cuddled into his chest. He always knew best.
“Well, I’m tired, I am going to sleep. Don’t let go of me. Or I will die. And it will be all your fault.” He kiddingly said.
I punched him in the arm. “That’s not nice.” I paused and watched him lying down on the ground. “Wow its cold.”
“Then come over here and cuddle with me. We’ll both be warm.” He smiled up at me while I lay on his chest.
“You know your right. When we wake up, we’ll be saved, and in Hawaii, where it’s warm.” I fell asleep listening to his heart beat.

Hours passed when I awoke listening to nothing. I stood up and started shaking Kyle. He wouldn’t wake up. I grasp hold of him crying my eyes out. Suddenly the dark cave began to lighten up there they were the Rescue team here to rescue us. Too bad it was too late for him. They tried to get me away from the body, but I couldn’t let go. I loved him so much. I didn’t tell him that. But eventually, they got me away from the body and took them away, while trying to warm me up. They checked the body, and found that around his heart was hypothermia the reason why he died. His hands and feet where black, like his chest was.

He never told me he couldn’t feel anything, because he loved me.

kimberlyguzmanx SILVER, Holbrook, New York

The next chapter in your life, will always be more interesting than the last..

Despite the few grammatical errors and the way it was structured, really good job.

Sharkbait SILVER, Grant Park, Illinois

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
-Anne Frank

This is a good article, but its kind of choppy, and there are a lot of grammatical errors. If you fix a couple of those problems, I feel like you could really tell a good story. Keep it up!

elizabeth martin BRONZE, Kings Mountain, North Carolina
awwww love it