Unfading Love | Teen Ink

Unfading Love

Castiels.Freaking.Trenchcoat SILVER, Columbiana, Ohio

"Family don't end with blood, boy." ~Bobby (Supernatural)

I held tightly onto his hand, too afraid to let go. So afraid he’d slip away like the ones before. The dark woods around us were filled with a misty fog so dense that he seemed to melt into it.

“Don’t go,” I could hear the desperation in my voice. “Don’t leave me. Not again.” I could feel the hot tears gliding down my cool cheeks.

He smiled a smile so sad that it hurt my heart. His eyes glistened with tears as he slipped into the fog even more.

“I need you,” I said, swiping at the tears that wouldn't stop flowing, still he was silent and still except for the tear falling off of his chin.

He was still fading but I didn't let go of his hands. The pain in my heart deepened to a constant throb that would never go away.

“I love you,” I said as he faded even more. His hand squeezed mine as he spoke softly, almost chanting.

“I love you more than the stars, moons, and sun that I had come to love. I’ll never leave you. I’ll always be with you no matter where you are. Even if you can’t see me, I’ll be right beside you. I’ll be your comfort when you’re hurt. When you’re down, I’ll be there to bring you back up. My dear, when you doubt, just remember this moment and know I’m right there.

“I love you, my dear. I love you more than I could ever say. Neither song nor time of day could explain my love for you. I love you.”

With that he faded completely into the mist. Tears streamed down my face as I stood there staring into the mist where he disappeared. I stood in that spot for an hour willing him to come back. The tears never left. The pain was so deep.

“I love you, too,” I finally whispered. “I love you, too.”

I slowly turned and walked away. I never looked back because I knew he was beside me not behind me. The final tears fell from my eyes and I wiped them away. The hurt softened. His last words echoed in my head.

“I love you… I love you… I love you…”

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is so true, and really great and really sweet. Thank you, for sharing this!

Thanks! (: Some peope are saying it needs more description to it, but I wrote it this way for a porpose. 

Regoneth SILVER, Ilford, Other

“Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cake hole.” - Dean Winchester, Supernatural.

Awwwww... This is really good :)  

Thanks, Luci.

Lucifer666 said...
Lucifer666, Hell, Other
Your piece is extremely well written. Your title drew me in, as I was curious what "Unfading Love" would be about. So when I read it, you seemed to have left a few things out, as why were the tow characters in the woods, what happened, just the main events to actually creat a climax. It seems almost as if you wanted the reader, to use their imagination to create the events leading  up to that moment when the characters depart, yet remain together. Your descriptive details are nice, though I think you could have gotten more imagery and could have completely put more emotion into this piece (just my opinion, no worries XP) Nevertheless, everything else in this piece looks great. Though, it's bugging me about how and why this love is fading as aforementioned. Is it to be taken as a literal sense, or a metaphorical sense? Great potential, add more power and emotion to your writings! Make those who are callous feel haha. Great job! I enjoyed reading this!

Thanks! (: It was just an idea that I knew I had to write down.

chrisvfree PLATINUM, N/A, Florida

I pretty much try to stay in a constant state of confusion just because of the expression it leaves on my face. - Johnny Depp

wow very emotional/interesting snapshot in time 

Thanks! 

AllSoPlayfulWhenYouDemonize BRONZE, Richmond, Virginia

"Our passion is our strength."
-Billie Joe Armstrong

oh wow! <3 This is amazing!!!

thanks so much! 

Lostfriend SILVER, Boone, Iowa

Why are you choosing to be angry?

good job i love it  

Thanks, Fangirl. That's exactly how I wrote it to be. 

Nerdydragon SILVER, Wichita, Kansas

“Demons run when a good man goes to war
Night will fall and drown the sun
When a good man goes to war

Friendship dies and true love lies
Night will fall and the dark will rise
When a good man goes to war

Demons run, but count the cost
The battle's won, but the child is lost”
― Steven Moffat

Heart-breaking... but beautiful</3