Shifting Worlds Prologue | Teen Ink

Shifting Worlds Prologue

December 1, 2008
By CrimsonRose SILVER, Temple, Texas
CrimsonRose SILVER, Temple, Texas
7 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Blood… the very substance that sustains me. Without it, I am nothing. Blood … was a part of my father, now it’s a part of me. Blood runs through every vein in my body, but that’s another story altogether. I must consume blood as a part of
my diet, but not just any kind of blood… no. Animal blood is… not enough. To live, I must consume human blood, but to kill an innocent being for my life… that would be cruelty.No, I will not let the beast from within take over.

I must find another way to live.
I’ll live off of strong liquids, blood tablets, and organic food.
Yet, no matter what I do, the lust for human blood is still there. So, I must avoid all things human and I must never bleed. To bleed is to lose blood and if that were to happen, then human blood MUST be consumed or else… my life would be forfeit.
To live in constant fear of my animal instincts… it’s painful and tiring.
There WAS a time when I was proud of all I had, but… not anymore.
My mother, a wolf shape-shifter and my vampire father is dead. I was only four at the time, but I was able to live on. The amazing thing is the food, the tablets, and the liquids lasted till that time…
This is the fate of a vampire wolf.
I, Shay, will outlast time, but can I stand the loneliness? What is my purpose? Who is waiting for me? Everything is about to change and answers are about to come.
So I shall wait for that day and for that person to come.
For that person, I will live and I will die…
-Shayla, Vampire Wolf Shape-Shifter-