I'll Fall to the Ground | Teen Ink

I'll Fall to the Ground

By gboo12 SILVER, Bergen County, New Jersey
gboo12 SILVER, Bergen County, New Jersey

There was a ringing in my ear. The kind that makes your vision fuzzy and the purity of your thoughts becomes questionable. I wondered how it got there; so still and persistent. It was eating me alive. I knew there was nothing I could do to ease the pain, because the sound of your voice laughing at her jokes and the thought of your lips kissing someone else’s made the ringing feel temporarily permanent. Oh, how I miss those hands that caressed my jaw before every kiss hello and every kiss goodbye; they felt as though God made them for touching me. Those hands gave me hope, but your heart gave me life; there was nothing more beautiful than your vivacious smile and your laugh was better than any medicine I could take. I’m in love with the way you look at life and I wish you loved me just as much. I’ll try to move on, but the weight of your hand will push on my shoulders and I’ll fall to the ground and realize how hard it is to get up.

RealRiter GOLD said...
RealRiter GOLD, Astoria, Oregon

"I did not fail 101 times, but I simply found 101 ways that did not work." -Thomas Edison

Pretty nice job! You did well. I like it.

AutumnMoon BRONZE, Lebanon, Maine

"We see our better selves in the eyes of those who love us." -Cassandra Clare

I thought that this was good. It's not emotionally gripping as some of your other pieces, but still very nicely done. Good job!

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

You have such, a beautiful way or style of writing. Or to be clearer, your writing is beautiful. :) You really do have such, talent and light in you. It's just absolutely, beautiful and namazing. :) Your writing uis powerful. Thank you so much, for sharing this. :) 

feathertail said...
feathertail, London, Pennsylvania

"All around me there are people telling me who I should be. I hate to disappoint you but these are the colours that I see. If there's just as many colours, as there are human beings, maybe I'm just colour-blind and missing out on everything!" -Nano

Nice! I like it. Write more