Nothing to Something to Everything | Teen Ink

Nothing to Something to Everything

By gboo12 SILVER, Bergen County, New Jersey
gboo12 SILVER, Bergen County, New Jersey

It started out as nothing—less than nothing, actually. I looked at him the way I looked at a flower. It was just there. It was simple and nice and I thought nothing of it really. As time shortly passed by, the petals began to grow and I started to realize how much I was starting to enjoy its presence. Just the mere sight of it was like finding a dollar bill on the street and shoving it on your pocket—it made me happy. As more time went by, the flower grew taller and fully blossomed and every time I looked at it, my breath faded away for a split second and I checked back into reality. I could always count on the flower to brighten my mood and soon enough, I started to fall in love with it. Because the way it made me feel was unparalleled. It flabbergasted me how something that I once thought nothing of could eventually turn into something that would mean a lot more than nothing to me. He was like a flower, something that didn’t interest me until I realized how beautiful it really was. And I loved him because he could teach me things that he didn’t even know he was teaching me. And he could make me feel certain ways that no one else could make me feel. If that flower were to die, I would feel myself breaking into pieces as I picked up the petals because such beauty was something I could never bring myself to uproot.

gboo12 SILVER said...
thank you so much!!!

AutumnMoon BRONZE, Lebanon, Maine

"We see our better selves in the eyes of those who love us." -Cassandra Clare

I thought that this was really, really good. I loved your flower/boy lovestory analogy. I could feel all of your emotions thorughout this piece and that's a powerful thing. Great job!

gboo12 SILVER said...
wow, you are amazing too! thank you so much for this comment and for your wonderful compliments, it is greatly appreciated! 

EmilytheBelleofA. DIAMOND, Athens, Georgia

To love is to be vulnerable; Triumph is born out of struggle; We notice shadows most when they stand alone in the midst of overwhelming light.

This is absolutely, beautiful and deep and powerful. You are a talented and wonderful writer and person. You have a talent and light in you. Because you are and you do. :) I can connect to this, so much. I too, didn't realize it, but now I do. Believe that you're talented and wonderful and that you have talent and light in you; because it's true. :) Thank you so much, fr sharing this. Also, congrats on having this top voted. You deserve it. :)