ThrowBack | Teen Ink

ThrowBack

January 8, 2009
By Anonymous

“I can’t believe this, “Michelle said sadly.
“It is too late,” she responded to her best friend the hot male supermodel Tyson.
“Calvin was the guy I wrote about in “Forever and Always” she informed him.
“Calvin Lucas the writer of Giselle’s Chronicles’,” she told him.
“Oh yeah those books are tight you dated him?” He responded.
“Yeah for about six years but we grew up together,” she filled him in.
“What happened?” He asked his best friend.
“Life I guess?” She answered as she shrugged her shoulders.
“I heard that he’s in town,” He informed her with a grin on his face.
“He is?” She asked.
“Jabot Seasons,” He mentioned which hotel.
“I’ve got to a photo shoot for Armani in about twenty minutes,” He said as he stared at his cell phone.
“Okay just go I’ll call you later,” She assured him.


She walked around the bedroom as she paced like an aggravated dog in a cage waiting to be released. She thought about Calvin Lucas tall, intelligent, sensitive, Korean and African-American, her first love. She found out that he was getting married a few days ago lately. She felt hurt and frustrated because she knew that he was getting married. So she grabbed the keys to her Lamborghini Gallardo and headed downtown to Jabot Seasons with slight hope of finding him. As she drove on the slippery roads she turned on the radio and “Forever and Always” came on the radio and the opening hook comes on.
Hook (Song being Played)
I wish we could reverse the pain we endured
Our relationship is now a faded picture
Even though I’ve moved on
You’ll always have my heart
Nothing or nobody can tear us apart
I’ll love you forever and always

Why is this song on? I was only lying about one line in the song. I never moved on. I had my fair share of one night stands simply trying to feel a void with temporary fixes. I know that Calvin’s with somebody else. That girl does not understand the chemistry that Calvin and I share. I’m twenty five years old I’ve made more than enough money by writing music and singing I want to settle down. I should be the one who marries Calvin not Tina. I’ve got to try to get my life back.

She pulled up into the Jabot Seasons parking lot and she spotted him. She started to yell Calvin to get his attention but instead she ran after him. She ran as quickly as possible Splash! Splash, Splash, Splash water hits her pants while rain covered the rest of her body. She tapped him on the arm he smiled at her.
“Michelle!” He said joyfully.
“How are you?” He asked.
“I’m alright,” She responded.

Michelle looks good. Michelle doesn’t even want me anymore she can have any man that she wants. These last couple of years has been really rough I’ve missed her so much. Why would she still want me? Every time I look in a magazine Michelle’s with a different guy or Michelle’s always on tour. I love Tina but being with Michelle it feels so normal like we never had any problems.
“Huh nice car,” He stared fascinated.
“I have five cars,” She told him.
“Tina,” She interjected.
“What about Tina?” He snapped.
“Married in two weeks?” He smiled.
“Yeah two weeks,” He responded.
“You can’t marry Tina,” She pleaded.
“You, you can’t say that now it’s too late,” He interrupted.
“You and me belong together,” She pleaded again.
“You’re making a mistake!” She yelled.
“I love you, I love you so much,” He admitted.
“I love you so much I have to let you go, you have to move on,” He said as held her hand.
“Move on, I can’t believe you said that,” She sighed.
“You’ll always be in my heart baby girl,” He kissed her on the forehead.
She watched him walk away as a tear began to stream down her face. She watched the love of her life walk away. She shared so many first moments with that man from the first kiss to the first time she made love to him. She just wanted to throw it back bring it back to the way things used to be. She didn’t want to let those things go so she opened the car door and pulled out her pistol from the glove department. Before he could walk back into the popular hotel she shot him twice in the back. Two people screamed looked around and ran towards his body as his bleed spread on the dark, wet, concrete. She put the pistol back into her glove department then she walked slowly until she came near the bloody corpse. She stared at the random strangers as one called for help and then kissed her ex-boyfriend on the cheek and whispered “Forever and Always” I’d rather go blind than you see you walk away from me.