The Daughter of Rage and Love | Teen Ink

The Daughter of Rage and Love

December 25, 2015
By ColdConsequences BRONZE, Downingtown, Pennsylvania
ColdConsequences BRONZE, Downingtown, Pennsylvania
3 articles 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you are not too long, I will wait here for you all my life." - Oscar Wilde


After three years you’d think Scene would have finally given up trying. She had put herself through the same heartbreak, every time thinking, “Maybe it’ll be different”. Unfortunately, it never is. Chaos is her name. She does it over and over again and sometimes Scene thinks she’s just someone for her to run to.  After another boyfriend dumps her, Scene is just her comfort. Then when Chaos gets what she wants, she leaves. Chaos tells Scene she loves her, she wants to be with her, but it’s all a lie. After three years of it, Scene still can’t stop letting her run to her for comfort because in all honesty, she is desperately in love with Chaos. She is too blind to see that Chaos truly does not love her back.

***

Scene admitted that she felt very strongly for Angel. She was kind, pretty, and a bit too hyper. The complete opposite of Scene and she liked that. Their relationship was steady for a while; cute gestures, nicknames and even a few kisses were exchanged over the small amount of time they were together. Angel was someone Scene couldn’t believe she was with. Then just like that, it ended. Scene held on for a while, thinking something could happen again, but it didn’t so she let go. If only it was that easy with Chaos.

***

It’s the day after junior prom; Scene and Chaos are sitting in Scene’s room. The atmosphere is calming, just comfortable silence between the two. Chaos’ boyfriend had broken up with her the night before. She said she not that upset about it and Scene believes her.

“What do you feel?” Chaos asks.

“I love you,” Scene replied. She had known it for years, said it many times, but now she truly deeply meant it. Scene was in love with Chaos.

“I’m afraid that I can’t give you everything you want or need.”

“I’ve been wanting you for three years, I don’t think you have anything to worry about.” Scene took Chaos’s hand in hers.

“I love you too, but I’m afraid.”

“I am too,” And then Chaos kissed her. Her hand positioned on the back of Scene’s neck to keep her in place. Scene’s hands found their way to Chaos’s black hair, feeling how genuinely soft it is after being freshly dyed. Chaos moaned and ran her tongue across Scene’s bottom lip. Scene gasped and Chaos’s tongue dipped into her mouth. It was a feeling that Scene had never felt before. Pure bliss and pleasure ran through her body and it felt like fireworks erupted in her stomach. And then Chaos pulled away, resting her forehead against Scene’s.

***

Two days later it was as if it never happened. Chaos barely even spoke to Scene. It broke the poor girl’s heart. After so long she though she finally had what she had been dreaming of for years. Then it was gone, like it never happened. Scene cried that night and blamed herself for whatever happened. She knew it probably wasn’t her fault, but what can she do when she feels like the world is crumbling around her?

About two months later, Chaos and Scene were at their friend, Rifles’ party. Chaos held her hand and whispered ‘I love you’s into her ear the whole time. And Scene believed her. The day after Chaos went to college, Scene called her and asked what they were.

“I want you,” Chaos said. “But I don’t do well with long distance. I won’t get to see you all the time.” Scene tried to reason with her, but to no avail.

For two months Chaos had spoken of her love for Scene, sending songs for her, telling her that no one could be better than her; that she dreamed of marrying her. It was all too good to be true; it always is. For Scene did not know of the not-so-much ex-boyfriend Chaos had an on and off relationship with. Axe had always been in the picture. Scene knows him as the arrogant asshole who wanted a threesome. She hated him.

***

“I’m sorry,” Chaos begged, she had come home from college and was standing outside of Scene’s house. “I love you.”

“I don’t want to hear it,” Scene’s voice was cold and hard. “I hate you. I hate you, Chaos and I f***ing love you. You lied to me.” Her eyes gazed hard at Chaos, containing pure hatred and hurt. “I wasted so much time on you.”

“Please.” Chaos begged again.

“I am done, Chaos. I am so done with you.” And with that Scene went inside, leaving Chaos at her doorstep. 

***

You’ll be glad to know Scene did get to have her happy ending. She found it in a girl named Alpha who she met at a party. She was the most beautiful human being Scene had ever laid eyes on. They spend every waking moment together every day until the sun was long gone. Their free time was filled with each other. Scene could smile again. She could feel her cheeks burning when Alpha would compliment her. She could feel butterflies again. Scene was finally in love again. With Alpha.