Hollow Heart | Teen Ink

Hollow Heart

By J_Marie_B BRONZE, Burbank, Illinois
J_Marie_B BRONZE, Burbank, Illinois

Jeslyn Monroe thought she had an almost perfect life. A loving mother, step-father, three younger half sisters, and two older step-brothers. She has been MVP for her high school’s dance team and has led the dance team to Nationals four years in a row. With her best friend, Marisol, by her side, Jeslyn had conquered the high school dream.

But when a lawyer comes knocking on her front door claiming that her biological father and his new family has been murdered, also that their killer is coming after her family. Jeslyn decides to put a stop to it. She contacts her father’s old Marine pals to accompany her on this mission. But when one of her father’s friends brings along his hot, c***y son, Jeslyn is in more danger than ever before. Except what is in danger is her heart.

Follow Jordan and Jeslyn on this bumpy road that they have decided to travel in Hollow Heart.

I lost my father to medical reasons. I believe that every child that has lost a parent feels like they should have done something to prevent or take revenge on that person or thing. So that was why I made Jeslyn go against her father's killer.