The Crazy Cannibal | Teen Ink

The Crazy Cannibal

By ckrulewitch BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
ckrulewitch BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

It was June of 1998 and a class of 11th graders was on a mandatory school camping trip in Michigan. The area of where they were going was rumored to be haunted by some unknown creature. They knew that they would be staying at a very nice cabin. There was a boy in the group, who was always bullied, his name was Bill. Bill tried to tell the teachers about the bullies, but the teachers did not seem to care. However, Bill was very smart and attempted to avoid everyone on the trip.

On the night that they arrived, Bill took a tent and some food, then proceeded to slip away from the rest of the group. Bill took his gear and started to walk away as fast as he could because he did not want to get caught by the teachers. Eventually, he ended up miles away in the middle of the woods alone. He enjoyed being alone.

In the woods there were two rivers: The Wiletown River and the Middle River. The Wiletown River was about ten feet wide, and the Middle River was more like twenty feet wide. As he was exploring, Bill found an old and rusty canoe that had not been used in years. A couple feet away from the canoe was a long stick that he thought he could use as a paddle. In order to get the canoe into the water he had to he use his arms to portage it. Right when he was about to put the canoe in the water a strange and very powerful creature pushed it down on his head. Luckily he was able to avoid it and make it across the river. He camped right in between the two rivers.

He wanted to ration his food, so he did not have dinner that night and went straight to bed. In the middle of the night, Bill was woken up by a strange and creepy whisper that very faintly said, “Perfect. More food!” Bill was confused and grumbled to himself, “What’s all this brouhaha?” Bill did not believe in monsters, so he immediately thought that his mind was playing games with him and went back to sleep.

When he woke up in the morning, he decided to make breakfast and took in his impressive surroundings. Bill looked at what food he had, and he found precooked hot dogs, buns and some weird pasty liquid that was labeled buttermilk. He didn’t know why he had it, but he had just grabbed food as quickly as he could. He noticed that the pasty liquid looked like cranberry juice and was super red. The liquid scared him very much, because it was very thick, almost like blood.

He did not have matches to start a fire, so he ate the hot dog cold. After eating a hot dog he continued hiking on his lonely trail, but he tripped over a log and onto the ground. He went to check his knees for cuts, but when he turned and looked at the log, he found that it was actually a dead human body that he had fallen over. It looked like it had been pulled inside out. He heard a whisper like the one before that said, “I have been waiting for you!” Bill turned around and found a man with a knife. While Bill was looking at his appearance, he noticed that he was short and hunched, with dark, greasy hair. The psychotic man slurped up a liver that was probably from the dead body on the floor. The scary man laughed at Bill. The crazy cannibal was about to say something, but Bill picked up a stick and threw it at the man, then he ran. The man chased him through the woods. Bill jumped  into the canoe and started paddling like a mad man. The hunched psycho jumped in the river and started swimming towards Bill! Because the evil man was catching up to him, Bill jumped off the canoe and started swimming towards the shore. They were in the Middle River, so it took a little longer than he had expected. As he swam, the man grabbed his foot and slowly dragged him towards his mouth. Although Bill was not very strong, he started kicking around crazily and the man let go, surprised.

Bill ran away and eventually he ended up in a cave. After a few minutes, Bill thought that he had lost his follower. All of the sudden, the man popped out of nowhere and yelled as he ran towards Bill. Then, a monster from above swallowed the cannibal in one bite. Bill was thankful until the monster started advancing on Bill. Back at the cabin, no one noticed that someone was gone until they heard a ear splitting yell…..