Larry The Dragon | Teen Ink

Larry The Dragon

By jackl64 BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia
jackl64 BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia

Yesterday’s Breaking News: The San Diego Zoo, the largest zoo in America, has just obtained a full-sized dragon through genetic modification. There was no way that a dragon could be tamed and held captive, so I knew that I had to see it before it flew away. When I parked at the zoo, I felt vibrations in the asphalt, and my first instinct was that it was an earthquake. However, the sky darkened quickly, and a light breeze began to move through the air. When I looked up, it was almost as if there was a total solar eclipse. However, this darkened sky wasn’t a natural occurrence caused by clouds. This darkness was the dragon, or so I thought it was. The massive creature was doing tricks throughout the sky, dipping and diving throughout the air. As I got to the ticket booth, I found out that it was in fact the dragon, and that his name was Larry. Larry the dragon was a combination of a light shaded purple mixed with a dark blue, and he wasn’t as scaly as I thought a dragon would be. He didn’t look like a creature that I should be afraid of, so I instantly saw him as another friendly animal in the zoo. Larry didn’t really have a habitat, so he just roamed the sky near the zoo. Even though he was trained perfectly, Larry had full control of the sky, which made me slightly nervous. However, Larry’s performances went of without a hitch, and he returned back to his habitat and began to sleep, but not before he ate a massive dinner filled with hundreds of pounds of vegetables. Apparently, Larry the dragon, the first of his kind, was vegan.