The Creatures | Teen Ink

The Creatures

By jeninferl21 BRONZE, San Pedro, California
jeninferl21 BRONZE, San Pedro, California

As I rested on my bed on a hot sunny day I started thinking about what might come, I started to hear a noise. At first it sounded like a buzzing sound that a bee makes but as it got closer it started to sound like a roar from a lion. I ran toward the sound where it came from just to see a spaceship landing on the ground. Amused and shocked, I stared at the spaceship right in front of me. The first thing I noticed about the ship included my perception of how humongous it stood. The color has faded into a gloomy grey exposing the flashy lights that makes you think you’re in heaven. Walking directly to the ship a door begins to open and smoke starts to come out. 

“Hello Jeninfer,” the creature coming out of the door said calmly.

“H-hey, who… what are you?” I replied anxiously. That was rude of me to say but I couldn’t believe my eyes. A glittery purple creature with big black eyes, long silky lashes, blush colored lips, and with a symbol on its forehead literally happened to start walking towards me. How does she know my name? I might be going delusional or probably just dreaming. No . . . this is real.

“I’m surprised you aren’t screaming,” the creature said as it walks closer and closer.

“I- well, I’m surprised as well,” I say with sweaty hands.

“Well first things first my name is Sirine and I come from a different planet named Serum and my people, the Sithers, began to get in serious trouble. We hear that on Earth there existed a human with intelligence and patience that could help us a lot and well here I am with that human right now,” the creature explains.

“Help? Wait wait wait. Me as Jeninfer a human is needed by another species? I’m feeling incredible! Yes, I’ll totally help you!” I say with full of excitement.

“Great! Now would you follow me to the ship?” Sirine says while pointing her fingers to the humongous ship.

I couldn’t believe this at all. I am going to another planet. I ponder if other humans know about Sirine’s species. As we get in a view of red, soft, and comfortable seats look at me, waiting for me to sit. The ship has a huge amount of buttons of all different shapes, colors, and symbols. 

“You said your planet needs my help but with what exactly?” I say while the spaceship takes off. As soon as we got closer to the atmosphere the ride had been getting wildy bumpy..

“We barely created cell phones you see and have difficulty with how to work it since it’s all new to us and some of us have no idea how to manage these devices. We just need you to help us figure out how to work with them and keep in touch with others.” 

A sudden bump throws me out of my seat. BAAAM!

With a concerned look at her face Sirine questions me, “Jeninfer! Are you ok?” 

“Ouch, yes I’m ok,” I say with total embarrassment. 

The door starts to open to a beautiful view. Dark blue flowers that would glow and release a golden like powder surrounded everything, water that looks so clear and gloomy, and what caught me off guard were the moons of this planet. Three moons on this planet? The moons were very different from one another. One shined as a bright star and smooth as a baby skin. The second moon materialized black with bumps which sent me a shiver down my spine and the third moon was exactly the same as the moon back home. The smell of this planet g. Smelling the spicy but very sweet odor an image of home runs through my mind. As we began to walk, some of the creatures had caught my eye. Some of them are the same as Sirine. A glittery purple with big black eyes, long silky lashes, blush colored lips, and with a symbol on its forehead while others appeared dark blue with silky skin, light brown eyes, and their lips matched their skin tone but their symbol was were not on their foreheads. Both species would walk just us humans but all different sizes too, small, short, tall, skinny, etc. While scanning them I saw that their symbols spread on their wrist. It would glow green at times.

“Hey, how come their symbols turn green?” I ask with curiosity.

While looking at me intensely Sirine replies, “Their symbols turn green when they communicate with their minds.”

“That’s so cool! How come yours doesn’t turn green?” I ask.

“We are different from them but are treated equally. We communicate with each other in different ways. They like being called Sitherings. Sitherings communicate with their minds and us Sithers communicate by walking to their homes or write letters to one another that’s why we need your help with the cell phones that we managed to create.”

Sirine in front of me leading us to a huge 5 story building my mind wanders to the fancy decorations . . .m. Marbled floors, light blue walls, huge white doors with black door knobs, and bunch of white lights everywhere. 

“We’re going to approach the main room. The main room contains all the electronics including most of the Sithers.” 

We make our way to the 5th floor. Sirine opens the door for me and introduces me to everyone. When she explains herself about what I’m going to be doing she hands me weird looking devices. Shaped as an oval with a green screen. Thankfully I managed to figure how this device worked. The cell phone works exactly how our phones from Earth work. I explain to them about everything they need to know and they ask me questions. About 3 hours later they finally got it. I notice their big smiles and shiny eyes. It was incredibly beautiful. 

“Good job you guys,” I say with a smile on my face, Sirine looks at me.

“Thank you so much we can finally communicate with one another without much work,” she says with a little giggle. 

“My pleasure,” I say with a little laugh.

“Here,” Sirine says, handing me the device. 

“I could keep it?” I ask. Her eyes sparkling bright as a diamond Sirine says, “Yes it’s our little gift from us for helping us out.”

“Thank you, thank all of you for believing in me,” I say with tears forming in my eyes.

Even though I just met these creatures, they became the best species I’ve met. So different, sweet, beautiful, and funny. They would make me laugh so hard because they would get scared by every little noise the cell phone would make. Observing the Sithers, they are definitely innocent.

“Should we get you home?” Sirine says with a smile showing her pearly white teeth.

I nod my head excited to go back home. We make our way back to the shiny spaceship. With tiredness building, I close my eyes. Suddenly I feel a gentle tap on my shoulder and I open my eyes. It’s good to be home again.

This story is about a teenager going to a new world where she helps out the creatures with their problem. She meets the creature and learn about their life. She connects to them right away but misses her home.