Interwoven Wolves(1) | Teen Ink

Interwoven Wolves(1)

February 1, 2021
By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
200 articles 23 photos 1053 comments

Favorite Quote:
"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]


Echo walked out of the school on the fringe of the forest and tripped. "ow!" she glanced back, expecting to see a rock, but saw the remnants of a wisp of smoke for a split second. she landed crashing n a bush and fell in and under it, into a little hollow out of which she could clearly see. she started to get up, but saw her friend frost stand in front of the bush, glancing both ways nervously, secretively, and then walking into the forest. what? why was frost going into the forest? the wolves lived there, and some said something else did as well, something mysterious and magical. frost laughed it off. foolish superstitions. echo knew she was right, but she loved to let her mind and heart run away with the idea. magic. it was fantastical it promised adventure, freedom. or danger and death. something new, exciting. something other... and she wanted something other. she was a little afraid, but she wanted it to be real. she just couldn't explain how right it sat with her. maybe she tripped on magic! she laughed to herself and glanced back towards frost. there was a sight trail there. she stood up and went to investigate. why would there be a trail here? she wanted to know more. she couldn't say why. and also if frost was hiding something, she wanted to know what. she crouched, to see how well-trodden the path was and paused. wolf tracks! frost could be killed! but she couldn't know Echo followed her... so she resolved to trail behind, where she could see Frost but Frost couldn't see her. she bounded ahead until she reached a point where she could see her. it was so exciting! soon the path hit a series of turns and she lost sight of frost thru the thick foliage. Echo shrugged, she would hear if a wolf attacked her. soon she caght sight of frost again, but with a wolf! silver coated, but with black paws, muzzle, and tail tip. it was majestic! but frost walked calmly with it. "no, i wasn't followed Secret." the wolf nodded and veered off the path. what? was frost friends with wolves? she had named them? echo wanted to follow, but in the distance she saw a cave. who knew how many wolves were there. she shook her head and hid down. after a bi she got bored and stood up, glancing for the path. Frost wasn't back, tho a bunch of wolves had left the cave. then she realized she was lost. she was about to call frost, but paused. no! she couldn't admit it! she decided to try and get home herself. she started wandering, soon night fell and she still was lost. she collapsed by a cliff and gasped, a harsh sound, a sob. she was about to cry when she caught a flash of brilliant white. a ghost? it was at the top of the cliff and turned its head towards her. a piercing blue eye penetrated her and she shook. danger. she wasn't so safe now, she didn't know what it was, but it had seen her, and it was after her. she tried to stand, but fell. she successfully stood but by then it had leaped down and was running towards her. she turned and ran, tho t was faster until she hit a dead end. she whirled, it was a yard from her, and about to pounce. a huge white wolf, glowing in the silver moonlight, met her gaze shocked. it tried to stop running, but still slammed into her, knocking her over. she was dead. suddenly, it turned and ran. she almost instantly fell asleep, tho danger was abundant, as the adrenaline departed her. next thing she knew, a gentle hand was shaking her shoulder. "Echo? you ok?" she slowly opened her eyes to meet frost worried blue ones. "a wolf..." "shhhh it's ok. there's no wolf." Frost's ringlets platinum hair shone in the moon, contrasting Echos straight black hair, disheveled at her shoulders."but it attacked me." "the wolf is gone now. its ok." "ok..." Frost looked her over. "are you hurt?" "my ankle aches..." frost rolled her over and pushed up her pant leg a bit and froze. "just a bruise. dont worry about it." frost looked very worried, and confused. "i have to go..." "do you know the way home?" "i do. but ill be right back." frost hesitated, which was unlike her. she was typically confidant and sure of herself. but she left, and came back in a while. "can we go home now?" "no. i mean... yes..." frost looked so torn. "ill do it later." echo could just barely make out from under frosts breath. do what later? but she was to tired to ask, so she just collapsed onto frosts shoulder and stumbled home. frost left her on the edge of the woods at the school, expecting her to make it the rest of the way, but she just collapsed there. she fluttered in and out of consciousness, and at one point dreamt that secret bit her. or maybe she was awake? secret had nipped her arm and the dream ended, she didnt have any more after that and didnt wake up again either.


The author's comments:

so if all goes well this will be a series, a sort of solo rp. bc of the time it takes to get past rn ill probl have like 10 r more written and posted by the time any get out. 

secrets bite knocked her out. read the next section to see the next part.