Sunrise Walk | Teen Ink

Sunrise Walk

By SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont
SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"It Will Be Good." (complicated semi-spiritual emotional story.)

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands
That glisten in dim candle play." -Janice T., Clockwork[love that poem, dont know why, im not steampunk]

Dakota stood, restless, and paced to the mouth of her mountain cave. So much had changed. Things could never go back to the way they had been. Smoke was still thick in her mind, obscuring the awful memory.

Though she was far away, and though she was alive, she didn't feel like it. She was clean but her coat still felt filthy from the smog and carnage. And her mind… her mind was trapped in a maze of pain and memories.

Suddenly she knew she just had to get away. She didn't know where, or how, but she was leaving. She looked out of the cave and her eyes set on the pink sun rising from the lake. There. She would go there.

Without another thought, without any pause to consider what she would do when she got there, she started to follow the sun. Desert-dust colored paws walking to a better place, a place painted pink and red and yellow. A happy place and a place of forgetting.

The sunrise was whatever she wanted it to be, for she would never reach it. But she didn't know that, so she walked with joy. And she didn't stop walking until she reached the sunrise, for when her paws could go no further and her body could not muster another step, her mind continued and reached the sunrise, where she stayed forever.

She's a coyote, if you're unsure.

SparrowSun ELITE, X, Vermont

"Upon his bench the pieces lay
As if an artwork on display
Of gears and hands
And wire-thin bands

are you kidding?
crazy is what I do.

Lydiaq ELITE said...
Lydiaq ELITE, Somonauk, Illinois

The universe must be a teenage girl. So much darkness, so many stars.
--me

That's crazy, but it's still cool.