Free for All | Teen Ink

Free for All

The year 2072 was when the United States government was overthrown by their people. Everyone decided to live freely with no government laws. Carlos , a former firefighter , quit his job to protect his family from the wild people.

“ I need to make a run to the grocery store, “ said Carlos .  “ No, it's too dangerous to go out at this time “ responded his wife Jane.  “ How else are we supposed to eat and survive ? ” replied Carlos. “Take care of the kids,”said Carlos. Carlos left his house with an Assault Rifle. 

As he was driving down the road , he witnessed murder, assault , and looting . When he arrived at the store, he realized it was way too dangerous to go inside. He saw a mob of savages outside the store. “ I'm not making it back home if I go inside Super Mart” Carlos said to himself . Carlos continued down the street and made a right turn to Jackson Street. The street was lonely like a deserted island. As he was driving down the lonely street, he saw a man with a cart full of groceries. Without hesitating , Carlos shot his shoulder and took the man's gun away. “ Please no , no , I need this food for my family” cried the man. “ This is free for all,” responded Carlos fiercely . BANG, BANG . Carlos rushed to get the grocery bags, filled it in his truck and returned home. The bloody dead man laid there with two bullet wounds in his forehead. 

Carlos came back home. Jane helped him with the grocery bags and rushed inside. Jane began cooking for the family. Carlos is in the living room with the kids. Suddenly, a brick shattered the window and nearly hit Jane . The family quickly reacted and followed their defensive procedure. Jane hid the kids in the closet, then rushed to Carlos with a pistol in her hand. Carlos peeked through the window and saw a gang of furious people. “ They must have followed me home,” said Carlos . “ Who followed you ?” asked Jane. Carlos did not respond. The gang surrounded the house. “Go to the back side and make sure they dont get in !” exclaimed Carlos. Carlos stayed by the front door. The mob broke in. Carlos sprayed his gun, killing them all. The dead mob fell to the ground like dominos .  Jane killed all the people trying to get into the back. 

“ People thought this was going to be a good idea” , Carlos said to himself with a great sigh. The kids ran to their parents and hugged them . As Jane was finishing up with the food, Carlos reinforced the shattered window. Minutes later, dinner was served. They were chatting ,and laughing while gunshots were heard outside. 

“ This is never going to end ,” said Carlos. 

The movie purge inspired me to write this story.