The Colonial Administration | Teen Ink

The Colonial Administration

November 3, 2022
By Anonymous

      The year was 2135 and everyone was finally united. They weren’t only united as people. They were united every which way. Everyone had to follow the same laws as everyone else. Everyone had the same responsibilities as everyone else. Everyone had the same rights as everyone else. All this unity was due to the English colonial expansion operation and the unceasing vigilance of the agents of the United Kingdom Colonial Administration.

      Some things about living still weren’t quite right, though. For example everyone had to eat that “British food” thing. More importantly, some people thought that some small island in Europe should not be governing the entire world themselves. And it was the United Kingdom Colonial Administration’s job to find and deal with all those kinds of people.

      It was annoying, all right, but Conor and Ria didn’t think about it very hard. The ones who did tended to mysteriously disappear, so people never said anything.


The author's comments:

This piece uses irony from how the British at one point in time ruled most of the world and the ideas of colonialism and global unity.