Among Us: The Impostor | Teen Ink

Among Us: The Impostor

November 7, 2022
By Anonymous

Your leave navigation, your footsteps echoing around the halls of a half repaired spaceship. As you walk down the abandoned corridor, the overhead lights flicker and die, submerging you into darkness. Your heart rate quickens. Your breathing quickens. Your pace quickens, slowly turning into a run.  All you hear is your footsteps and the clunking of your bright yellow spacesuit.  It sounds like everyone is on the other side of the ship, and you are the only one here. It is quiet. Too quiet. You enter storage, and your pace slows, and you duck behind some boxes and crates to fill a gas canister. As you look around, the darkness makes it seem as though something could jump out at you from anywhere.  That's when you hear it. A creak from the corner of the room. A vent had opened. Framed against the wall, looking incredibly suspicious, is the one they call Red. you sprint toward the cafeteria door but he is too fast. Quickly stepping in front of you he plunges his knife into your chest. You instantly crumple to the ground, your vision starting to fade. Through your tear-filled eyes you see the blurry shape of Red leave, and Blue run toward you, a panic-stricken look in her eyes. The last thing you hear is the ringing of a loud emergency air horn and the scurrying of many feet toward the table in the cafeteria.


The author's comments:

Among Us Used to be a popular video game and meme in 2020 and kind of died toward the end of the year. I play a lot of games on my phone and laptop and have always wondered what it would be like to be the character in the game.