The Deposit | Teen Ink

The Deposit

By Hedgewriter BRONZE, London, Other
Hedgewriter BRONZE, London, Other

The city of Neo-Tokyo was a marvel of technology, with towering skyscrapers, sleek high-speed trains, and cutting-edge robotics. It was a city of contrasts, where the ultramodern coexisted with the ancient, where neon lights clashed with traditional lanterns, and where shady dealers, con artists, and street vendors thrived.

Among the many denizens of Neo-Tokyo was a young woman named Ayumi. She was a skilled hacker, a master of disguise, and a con artist of the highest order. She had grown up on the streets, learning how to survive by any means necessary and had become a master of deception and trickery.

Ayumi had always been drawn to the seedy underbelly of Neo-Tokyo, where the air was thick with the smell of fried food, incense, and exhaust fumes, and where the neon lights cast an otherworldly glow. She had made a name for herself among the city's shady dealers and con artists and was known as one of the best in the business.

One day, Ayumi received a message on her encrypted comms channel from a mysterious client who called themselves "The Raven". The message was short and cryptic, instructing Ayumi to meet them at a certain location in the city at midnight.

Ayumi was intrigued. She had heard of The Raven before, a shadowy figure who was rumored to be one of the most powerful and enigmatic players in the city's underground. She had always wanted to meet them but had never been able to find out who they really were.

At the appointed time, Ayumi made her way through the crowded streets of Neo-Tokyo, keeping a watchful eye out for any signs of danger. As she approached the designated location, she saw a figure in a long black coat standing in the shadows, their face obscured by a hood.

"Are you The Raven?" Ayumi asked, her voice low and cautious.

The figure nodded, and Ayumi could sense the power emanating from them. They were someone to be reckoned with.

"I need your help," The Raven said, their voice low and gravelly. "There's a shipment of highly advanced robotics that I need to acquire. It's currently in the possession of a rival faction, and I need it before they can get their hands on it."

Ayumi was intrigued. She had never been one to shy away from a challenge, and the prospect of acquiring such valuable technology was too tempting to resist.

"What do you need me to do?" she asked.

The Raven handed her a data chip, which contained all the information she needed to know about the shipment and its current location. Ayumi nodded, slipping the chip into her pocket.

"I'll take care of it," she said.

And so began Ayumi's most daring and dangerous con yet. She spent days studying the security measures of the rival faction, devising a plan to infiltrate their heavily guarded warehouse and make off with the coveted robotics. It was a risky gambit, but Ayumi was determined to see it through.

On the night of the heist, Ayumi put her plan into action. She slipped past the guards, avoiding the high-tech security systems with ease. When she reached the warehouse, she found the shipment of robotics, packed neatly in crates and ready to be transported.

Ayumi smiled to herself as she began to load the crates onto a waiting truck, her heart racing with adrenaline. She knew that if she could pull this off, it would be the score of a lifetime.

But just as she was about to make her escape, the rival faction's leader appeared, flanked by a group of heavily armed guards.

"What do you think you're doing?" he demanded.

Ayumi shut her eyes peacefully, and took a breath. A switch flipped inside of her. She opened her eyes.

Something I have been toying with for a while, part 2 out soon maybe