Atlantis | Teen Ink

Atlantis

May 15, 2023
By justfantasy BRONZE, Jaipur, Other
justfantasy BRONZE, Jaipur, Other
2 articles 7 photos 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
We lost ourselves in books, we find ourselves there too...


According to legend, the lost city of Atlantis was swallowed by water in a single night. It is said, that now it exists underwater. It was a utopian civilization and a great naval power. It was made of concentric islands separated by wide moats connected by canals that reached its centre. The sources for the legend are two of Plato's dialogues, Timaeus and Critias.The foundation of Atlantis was created by Poseidon, a deity of Greek mythology known to rule over the oceanic domain. Derived from the Greek ATλavtic vnjooc meaning "Island of Atlas" and regarded as the domain of Poseidon, the god of sea, Atlantis was supposedly a mighty maritime force that lay "in front of the Pillars of Hercules" and vanquished parts of Western Europe and Africa.We are told that the first king was Atlas and so the land called Atlantis and the ocean around it the Atlantic. The race prospered over many generations and they conquered the lands around the Mediterranean.


The author's comments:

Hello! Myself Varisha Khan. I am a fantasy lover and love reading fantasy stories. I want to be an Author, so I'm working on that by the help of Teen Ink. I also like the concept of Atlantis, so I wrote an article about it.