Fiction | Teen Ink

Fiction

December 17, 2008
By DAMIA PLATINUM, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
DAMIA PLATINUM, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
22 articles 0 photos 7 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return." and my other fav. "The best come to those who wait."


Fiction

Chris watched Sally walk through the cafeteria door, pause to look around, and then spotting him, walk his way. Sally sat down next to him, and under the table intertwined her fingers with his. Trent sauntered over, with his girlfriend Alice following close behind. Once Trent and Alice sat down, it was time to become serious.
“Ok. So tonight at 11:30 we all sneak out and meet at the park right?” Sally asked
“That’s the plan. You’ll have the money right Chris?” Trent asked.
“Yeah, I will have the money. No one knows. I left a note for my parents saying I would miss them and that maybe I would see them later on in life.”Chris replied.
“Ok, so when Chris comes with the money, and we all get there what will we do?” Alice asked.
“When Chris gets there, we all get in my car and go.” Trent answered a smile on his face.
“Ok, then it’s settled. There is no going back now.” Sally chimed in.
“Deal.” Said Trent, followed by Alice and Chris.
“Deal.” Said Sally closing the conversation.

11:10 pm

Chris walked down stairs to the back door were he slung on his jacket, and walked outside. It took him fifteen minutes to get to the park. When he got there he looked around at the empty jungle gym. He noticed that the lights were out. He looked around in the dark for Trent, Alice and Sally. He didn’t see anyone. He walked over to the swings and sat down. He sighed as he waited patiently for his friends. About ten minutes had passed and still no one had shown up. Chris started to question the wisdom of the trip. He thought he heard a noise behind him, but when he turned around he didn’t see anyone. He waited, starting to get a little worried. He wondered where his friends were. Chris heard a soft laugh come from behind him. He stood up and turned around. He saw a dark shadow disappear behind the slide. He took a step forward, but stopped when he heard footsteps behind him. He stood still, holding his breath, waiting for a sign of other life there besides him. All of a sudden a hand clamped over his mouth. He clawed helplessly at the hand covering his mouth, but the hand would not budge. He started wriggling around wildly but nothing made the person lose their grasp on him. Chris struggled harder when the persons other hand, slipped over his nose, cutting off his way of breathing. He tried to rip the persons hand off, but nothing worked. He was starting to need breath. He tried to breathe in but he couldn’t. Chris started to feel faint, like he was gong to pass out. He fought against the persons hand franticly now trying to get in a breath. His eyelids fluttered, his head spun out of control, as he fell to the ground. The last thing he heard before going completely under was, “I did it baby, all for you.” In Trent’s voice.

Alice smiled nervously as she watched Trent examine his work. She hopped from foot to foot impatiently, waiting for Trent to move the body. “Trent, we should hurry. We don’t know how long it will be until someone comes along and finds the body.”
“Relax, baby. I just killed someone for you and now you’re flaking out on me? Come on.”
“I’m not flaking out on you. Trent you mean the world to me, I would never leave you hanging. I just don’t want us to get caught because if we are caught then I know my parents will make sure I never see you again. I couldn’t do that. I couldn’t live without you.” Alice started crying as she thought about never seeing Trent again. Trent pulled her into a hug.
“Baby, we won’t get caught. I promise. Now let’s go. I would say we should move the body but we can’t risk getting our fingerprints on him.” Trent took one last look at Chris’s body, and grabbed Alice’s hand pulling her away from the body and towards the car. They climbed into the car and drove down the street towards the highway. Alice pulled out her phone and called Sally. She got the answering machine just like she had hoped to. “Hey Sally, its Alice. Chris never showed up. I don’t know what happened to him. I guess he wimped out. Well we are on our way to Vermont and I will talk to you later. Bye Sally.” Alice hung up the phone and looked at Trent. He was watching her with an angry look on his face. “I was deleting us from the suspects list.” Trent pulled over and kissed Alice.
“I am going to enjoy spending the rest of my life with you.”