Flight | Teen Ink

Flight

They did this to me. The unending heat and pain of having surgically attached rocket engines on your legs but now I will make them pay. As I fly over the cold snowy woods towards the complex I wonder what I will do once this is over. Maybe I'll start an air show or something. I near the lab and preparing myself for the work ahead. As I fly over I dive towards the men scrambling around and zero in on one calmly walking out of a building there's something in his hands that I can't quite make out. As I see panic floods through me it's a handheld missile launcher. I roll and pull up just as the missile is fired i try to dodge out of the way but it follows me i dive again hoping to get it to crash into a building it doesn't  so i fly into a door knocking it off its hinges and sending me flying inside the missile explodes on the door collapsing part of the building on top of me i'm pinned down part of the building on top of me. someone jumps on top of where my legs are. It's the man who fired the missile. He's holding something. Something far smaller. A gun. He raises it.