Entage | Teen Ink

Entage

A deep knock suddenly approaches my door. I open it, but I still hear the knocking. It’s coming from the door down the hallway. The storage room? I walk towards it. The knocking transcends in speed and sound with every step I take. The knocking sound hurts my eardrums so much as I’m standing in front of the door, but I need to open the door. I hesitate, extend my long arm, grab the cold, dirty gold knob, turn it, and open the door. I am in absolute shock. The once stuffed storage room transformed into a spacious room wide enough to fit …a spaceship. 

In the middle of the room a huge, long spaceship lay on its side. It looks like it could be about 18 feet long and 12 feet tall, made out of steel with visible bolts peeking out. The door slowly closes behind me, with a loud boom. I walk towards the spaceship in awe and step into the circular entrance. As I step in, I gasp. It’s like a whole new world here! I almost forgot that I’m in a spaceship, the inside looked like an 18th century French style living room. The walls are a creamy white color, and three pieces of furniture sit patiently inside. In the middle of the spaceship there is a couch draped in a red velvet with gold legs, a coffee table with a black coffee colored top and dirty gold legs with a swirl texture. Next to the couch and coffee table, a lamp that represented a flower with the “stem” part being leafy, stands tall. Past the small living room, oh wait, oh my gosh. I crouch in pain as the air suddenly feels heavy and my body gets tense. My ears feel like they’re going to explode from my head. After what feels like a decade of this excruciating pain, my whole body starts to loosen up  and everything becomes light. Anyway, past the small living room, I take a step, but suddenly float to the top.

“Ah!” I softly scream as I gently bump my head on something hard. 

I look above to see that I floated up to the top of the spaceship. Why am I floating?? I crawl and float my way to the end of the small living room, hopefully this time I won’t hit my head. I pull the long and heavy red velvet drapes apart which reveal an immaculate view of the still yet alive space. Huge planets that can be seen from a distance catches my eye. One of the planets has three rings surrounding it, claiming the color of a depressed fire truck. Another planet has one faint ring around it and claims the color of a muted ombre of purple and blue. Around it sparkling stars ranging in different sizes cover the charcoal space. Although there might be something occurring on each of the planets, the silence of space hushed them. 

Then it hit me. That’s what caused the abundance of pain I felt, it happened to be because we had taken off. But then more questions start to overwhelm me. Who’s in charge of this aircraft? Where am I going? Why was there a spaceship in my storage room? What was making that knocking noise? Although my brian continues to be in a panicking and frightened state, I also start to feel calm and peaceful. I could hear the soft voices of  birds chirping on a sunny beautiful day with a small breeze that barely allows a couple of strands of your hair to gently swipe against your face. That same pain knocks into me and this tranquility halts. At least I know that means we’re landing. Hopefully for some reason we only did a little loopdy, loop around Earth and when I open the door I’m going to be in my storage room again safe and sound. 

The spaceship lands with a thud and as my body bounces up. After a couple minutes of silence and mental preparation I cautiously walk to the door and open it. I can’t believe my eyes. This place is incredible! Oh my goodness, you wouldn’t even believe that you stepped onto another planet due to the stereotypes that other planets have a dark, bumpy, and dusty surface. It’s like an enchanted forest that’s only alive in your mind when reading a story that takes place in an enchanted forest. The tree stumps are thick with fairy looking creatures living inside of them, peeking their tiny heads out while I continue looking around at the gorgeous scenery. Huge trees with leaves ranging from deep blue to dark green shield huge pathways of sunlight from entering with only a few cracks of penetrating sunlight hitting the ground. A blanket of soft, snow-like texture of grass covers the ground as far as two empire state buildings lying on its side.  Flower-like balls that look like they grew from the ground, but didn't grow any stems or leaves like the ones on Earth, lay scattered across the ground. Since these flowers carried with them a sunset color, it gives a pop of color to the cool toned surrounding. Thank goodness I chose to wear a jacket today, because the chilliness here can sting your bones without one. 

I slowly turn around taking everything in, 

“Ahh!” I scream, flinching at the sudden appearance of the creature. 

The creature didn’t look scared, but rather curious. The creature stood about 2 feet tall with four arms, two on each side of its body coming from its shoulders and instead of having five toes and fingers like humans, this creature has  three toes and fingers. The creature’s body was colored green and kept curiously looking at me up and down. This makes me very uncomfortable. The creature stretches its hand out and motions me to put my hand on top of it. I blankly stare at the creature, hesitant at this sudden request, but it doesn’t seem like the creature was going to do anything until I did, so reluctantly I place my hand on top of it. The moment our hands touch a bright yellow light illuminates our hands so bright it could be seen for miles. During this, the fairy looking creatures came out from the trees and more creatures started to surround us in curiosity. I start frantically looking around, terrified that something bad might happen. 

“Welcome to Entage!” The creature exclaims.

I stare at the creature confused and blankly.

“Allow me to explain,” the creature happily continues. “My name is Domina and I am an Entias, one of the many species that live here along with fairies, called Farises. We can’t speak the same language, but whenever we make physical contact with a being outside of our own, we are able to speak the same language. Isn’t that so convenient?!” she laughs. “Anyways you’re probably wondering why you’re here. Well, Rext, our king informed us all here that a creature from another planet will come and solve the creature problem we have here and to not be scared,” Domina beams. 

“Ummm….. Hi… um… My name is Isabel…uhhh…. Nice to meet you… all?” I slowly reply looking at all the creatures staring at me. “Um ok I’m sorry, but did you just say that I got appointed to help you guys solve a creature problem?” I ask quickly to get to the point.

Domina nods. 

“I’m sorry, but I don’t know, um I don’t think I’m very qualified to help another creature from a planet that I’ve never seen before because if you can’t clearly tell…” I start making gestures with my hands demonstrating that I’m not one of them. 

“However, the Rext told us that the creature that landed on Entage had been identified as a creature from Earth and the crystal, that helps us with a problem when no one in all of Entage, can solve,” she giggles. “So I guess it chose you to come and help us. I’m sorry, but we weren’t really given any other information about that, but the Rext is on his way, so he’ll inform you about the whole situation,” Domina answers smiling. 

“A crystal chose me?? Also, what’s Entage??” I ask, getting goosebumps due to the chilliness. 

“Oh yes, long ago Entage, our planet, I’m sorry I don’t think I mentioned that before, my, my apologies. Long ago Entage looked nothing like how it does now. The complete opposite, actually. There was a curse on Entage put by the infamous Dracoum, a sorcerer that could turn into a fiery dragon whenever he wanted and had a deep desire to take whole universe, one planet at a time. He tried to take Entage away from us and  happened to be very successful in the beginning, but he couldn’t stand a chance against the brave and determined creatures that live here,” Domina proudly states. “They all worked together no matter what and they came up with brilliant strategies to distract and attack him. The Rext destroyed him. He would stay up all night studying Dracoum’s magic, which he captured when Dracoum blasted him with his magic trying to kill Rext and he came up with a potion that would weaken him and with the help of all the other creatures’ magic, they did just that,” Domina proudly resounds. “Because of everyone’s cooperation and teamwork we successfully protected Entage! So nature rewarded Rext with a sky blue colored gem, spikey like the branches that stick out of the trees when the faris’ get upset,” she shutters thinking about the faris’ angry temper. “And he was crowned Rext of Entage! Nonetheless, the gem has helped us in many ways including you coming to our planet to help in a way we can’t. I’m so ecstatic that you’re here!” She gushes. 

I wish everyone in the world acted just like Domina; positive and bubbly. But then again, if everyone functioned like each other the world would be boring and although almost everyone tries to fight evil, immorality must be present in life to spotlight the good. 

“Thank you so much! I’m thrilled to have met someone as positive and bubbly as you,” I reply. 

She blushes, hiding her face with a huge smile on her face. My body’s temperature keeps decreasing by the minute even with this thick jacket.

A couple of the entiases tap Domina on the not so shoulder shoulder and they seem to be talking about something serious. A few faris’ fly up to me and start circling around me. How mesmerizing they were to stare at. They have elf-like ears and faces, but their wings look like monarch butterfly wings. Big, colorful, and gorgeous. With every flap of their wings different colored fairy dust fell and their graceful movements reminded me of a ballerina. I keep looking at them, they persist on looking at me, and Domina continues to talk. 

Suddenly a big horn blasts throughout the whole area. I immediately crouch down and place my hands over my ears, I think I’m back in the spaceship because of the pain. The entiases and farises blankly stare at me like I just told them that I’ve never seen sun before. They probably don’t have as great a hearing as I do. A floating hexagon-shaped vehicle approaches us all and stops right in front of me. All the entiases and farises step back and bow. Confusion arose in me, but then realized that the being inside must be the Rext. An entias, probably the Rext’s servant, hops out and opens the door to the vehicle and the Rext steps down onto the ground. He isn’t taller than me, but stands taller than the entiases. He stands about four feet and his skin looks like jelly, a little transparent at the top that gradually becomes more opaque as it gets down to the feet. He stretches out his hand and I place my hand on top of his. Again, the same thing that happened to Domina and I, happens to the Rext and I. 

“Welcome to Entage! Home of the entiases, farises, volucris, inauris, and many other wonderfully unique creatures. We are so thrilled to have you,” he choruses. “I hope the ride from Earth to here didn’t affect you terribly, I know it was quite sudden and I do apologize. I assume Domina here has caught you up on what she knows about the current situation.”

Domina and Rext nod to each other. 

“Domina is the leader of the entiases living here, I’m sure she already told you that though,” he laughs.

I shook my head, “No sir.”

He frowns a little at Domina, but she isn’t paying attention or at least she pretends not to. 

“Well if you don’t mind coming along with me to my Domstrum or castle, the Earth creature rests there and it looks… not so good,” he politely asks with a worried expression on his face.

“Of course that is why you called me after all,” I answer with a smile. He smiles back  and we speed off to the Domstrum. 

The creature is a Yorkie, which somehow ended up here. The room where they are keeping the Yorkie feels chilly, but I don’t think they realized this since they’re probably used to the chilly weather. I rush to the Yorkie, who’s lying in a pile of leaves from the forest with a couple flower balls, and it looks like it’s going to die at any moment. 

“Oh no!” I worryingly state.  

The desperate whining from the Yorkie can only be heard when you’re right next to it. I take my fluffy black jacket off and wrap the Yorkie in it. The Yorkie moves a little in my jacket. 

“What are you doing with it?” He questions. 

“This is horrible. I don’t blame you since you obviously wouldn’t be able to tell, but this is a Yorkie, and it’s freezing to death. I’m trying to warm it up with my jacket,” I respond with a panicky shake in my voice.

“We have to go immediately.” 

“Of course, whatever we need to do.” 

The entias helpers prepare the hexagon vehicle for us again and we rush as fast as we can back to my spaceship. 

Oh no…. the spaceship is covered in leaves and flowers and it needs to be dusted off. It looks like it has been untouched for decades. Which makes me wonder, does time pass by more quickly here than on Earth? Does that mean that I lost some of my golden years on Earth?! I don't want to think about it, but it won't leave my mind. I jump out of the vehicle with the Yorkie still in my arms and eagerly brush off nature. The entiases start to help me which makes the process go by so fast, but unfortunately under nature, another layer of nature appears. Something that looks like a mix of algae and moss completely covers the spaceship. The Yorkie moves a little in my arms and stops whimpering. Panicking, I lay the jacket on the floor and check to see if it’s still breathing. Phew, it’s still alive, but I still need to get back as soon as possible, sleeping because of cold weather is never a good sign. 

“JIIIK!!!” A couple of the entiases yell. 

My head immediately pops  up. Some of the other entiases hurries over to the yell including the Rext. He’s speaking very quickly to them in a language I can’t understand, pointing his fingers and giving orders. 

He looks over at me and says,

“This is very toxic to entiases and when they come in contact it burns their skin and blood oozes out.”

The entiases were rushed off somewhere on purple floating clouds and from what I can see their blood looks like yellow lava. Amongst all of this chaos five farises fly out and use their magic to take it off. They start reciting something that sounds like a song you would fall asleep to while lying in bed in front of the fire. The algae mixture comes off and bursts into fairy dust that shines and softly falls around us, it looks like fireflies flying around us. I want to capture the scene longer, but I have a dying Yorkie in my hands, so I need to make my exit. 

“Thank you so mu-”

“Wait!” The Rext almost screams. 

He spreads his palms apart and a hexagon shaped necklace floats in his hands. He walks toward me and hands it to me. It looks spectacular! A mini scenery of Entage can be seen in the hexagon and when you look closely, the leaves move with the wind and the flowers glisten in the sunlight. 

“If you wish to come back, touch the locket and say Entage,” He grins. 

“Thank you so much! Please thank everyone that has assisted me in this rescue. I will definitely come back!” I replied. 

“Bye Domina!” I wave. 

She waves back with a smile that stretches from ear to ear while saying, 

“Outstanding job! You saved a creature just like how Rext saved all of us. Hey, maybe you could become the next Rext!” 

I look over to the Rext who is rolling his eyes at Domina’s joke. He looks over at me and I bow to Rext and smile. I open the circular door and hop in with the sleeping Yorkie in my arms. 

Going to a new place will always be scary, at least for me, but going to a whole new planet is even more terrifying! However, thanks to this adventure I made new friends, visited a place that only I could go back to, and got a new furry companion, speaking of which, I need to see a veterinarian first though. But for now, I think it’s time for me to go to sleep too, after all I’m going to have a lot to do when I get home. Going to the vet, buying the Yorkie a bed, food, water bowl, toys,.....

This is my first ever sci-fi piece, and I am still working on more sic-fi pieces like this one.