Adventure Island Emergency | Teen Ink

Adventure Island Emergency

December 19, 2023
By Anonymous

Hello, I am Alli. This is my sidekick/friend, Sara. We work with so many other superheroes here on adventure island, it is the year 3055 where superheroes are in charge of the safety of our guests, not police, firefighters, or EMT. Instead of communicating through cell phones we communicate with our minds! We can also take snapshots of things we see or hear, these get stored in a memory drive so no matter what or where we are doing we have the info needed for us to do our jobs. Veronica and Ethan are my two other closest friends. We all have similar and different personalities and powers. I am very athletic, active, and outgoing, but as far as my powers go I have super speed, I have lightning quick reflexes, and lastly I can move things with my mind. Sara is very kind, sensitive, and also outgoing. Sara can be invisible, she is super strong, and she can also read minds.. Ethan would put anyone's life over his own while on the job, so would Veronica. They are both very trustworthy, kind, loving people. Ethan has super strength, he is indestructible, and he has quick reflexes. Veronica has X-ray vision, she can shapeshift, lastly she can fly.

  “Hey Alli,” Sara said

 “Hello Sara, where are Ethan and Veronica?” I said.

 “I am not sure they told me they would be here at 8:15,” Sara replied. 

“Alright well we will just relax and hang out until they get here.” I said

As we are waiting, I get a phone call from a blocked number, the man's voice tells me to keep an eye out because we will be under attack. He said that supervillains from White Tiger island. 

*Group Chat message alert sound plays*

Veronica: Ethan and I just pulled up, we'll be inside in 5!

Ally: Okay perfect, I just got some really weird phone call I want to talk to all you guys about.

Ethan: What phone call, is everything okay?

Ally: Maybe if you got in here you'd find out!


As Ethan and Veronica walk in I immediately approach them to tell them about the threat made to the island.

“ So guys, this morning I got a really concerning call about the safety of the island…” I said very worried.

“What, what happen, what do you me-” Ethan replied even more worried and scared.

“Ethan! Let me talk and I will tell you! I got a call this morning explaining to me that we are under attack or at least will be within the next 48 hours, it was a man's voice but nothing that sounded familiar. He said that supervillains from White Tiger island have threatened to attack us. They want to take over the island” I replied back to the group. 

“WHITE TIGER ISLAND!” Veronica yelled. “I have heard from some of the heroes over there that those guys are no joke.”

“That is why we are going to put back training and for the next 48 hours we will be on surveillance.” I stated.

I split everyone into double groups and supply them with defense weapons. Before we went out to patrol I pulled up pictures of all villains from White Tiger island and had everyone take a snapshot so they could remember who was who, listen in that snapshot is their name, villain name, their powers and abilities, and out of 10, how much of  a threat they are to us, our island, and out visitors safety. I was incharge of the main entrance to the island with Sara. Ethan and Veronica were placed at the sky entrance, Matthew and Parker were placed at the theme park, Ellie and Molly were placed outside of HQ. These were the most valuable spots to watch over.

Alli: How is everything going guys?

Molly & Ellie: Everything is all good here as far as we can see!

Matthew: We had a group of 3 people come in, they looked suspicious so I am keeping an eye on them just in case. Parker, how are things on your end?

Parker: All good up here!

Alli: Ethan? Veronica? How is everything going? 

About 15 minutes later I start to worry, Sara and I drive to Ethan and Veronica's location. Well we thought they were there but they are gone. Sara and I canvas the area and look around for clues or maybe just to see if they were following a lead. After 10 minutes I called the group back together to see what we should do. After talking we all agreed we were going to split search the island.

*Message Alert*

Molly: Alli, come to the corner by the pretzel shop, we have something you will want to see.

Alli: Okay

We all arrive at the corner, we see Ethan and Veronica but they are locked up in a building, we enter the building only to find out it was a trap! 


The author's comments:

I wrote this story for my sci-fi/fantasy unit.