Why do storms lead to rainbows | Teen Ink

Why do storms lead to rainbows

March 11, 2024
By 4phippen SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
4phippen SILVER, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
7 articles 0 photos 0 comments

On land, the sun cast throughout, and few clouds in the sky. It seems as if Zeus the god of the sky is having a good day. He has no worries about the big meeting settling who gets supremacy of the cosmos today. He is sitting on his throne picturing what is going to happen today. 


Athena, the god of Wisdom, is going to meet with Zeus before his big day to help him. As Athena comes to Zeus palace, the clouds start to come in fast, as if they are in a hurry to see each other. Athena says. “I have just come from the house of Olympos, Typhon is going to attempt to overthrow you!”. As Zeus hears this news, he starts to get angry, his biggest rival Typhon attempting once again to take his spot. Zeus lets out a loud scream causing thunder to roar on the ground below him. 


Zeus grabs his lightning bolt, his famous weapon and holds it to the sky above him. Striking down on Typhon’s volcanoes all over the world, rain pouring as if he's trying to put them out like candles. Athena sees that Zeus is very upset, and calms him down, giving him the best advice going into this meeting. 


Now it is time for Zeus to head to Olympos to face Typhon against the court. As Zeus approaches he sees Typhon sitting in a chair opposite of him, Typhon gives him a smirk and says “good luck”. This hit Zeus in the wrong spot with Lighting storming all around Olympos. Son of Zeus, Ares the god of War was leading this debate. After hours of arguing, fights breaking out between Zeus and Typhon, Ares decides there is a better way to settle this…


Zeus and Typhon were taken to the top of mount Olympos to fight for the supremacy of the cosmos. Zeus grabs his bolt, ready for battle while Typhon uses the hundreds of snakes on his shoulders. Ares in between the two says, “LET'S FIGHT!”Typhon storms to Zeus and starts. After hours of fighting, Zeus strikes hundreds of lightning bolts, using all of his might down on Typhon knocking him down. Zeus storms over and picks him up and unleashes his last bit of energy striking him dead, with his lightning bolt.


Wearied, Zeus heads back to his palace to celebrate his victory. Slowly the clouds start to disperse and the sun starts to shine. Zeus cheers so loud that it ended up striking a rainbow across the sky. 


The author's comments:

This is a fun fiction piece about the god Zeus creating storms that follow with a rainbow.