Ioin Deserves Care | Teen Ink

Ioin Deserves Care

By TheLegend679 GOLD, Singapore, Other
TheLegend679 GOLD, Singapore, Other

“Ioin deserves care!”

The screeching voice cut through the tranquility of the Monday morning like a jagged blade. Startled, the people nearby stiffened, their bodies tensing with newfound vigor. Shoulders squared, they thrust their chest forward, only their darting eyes betraying the shock as they scanned for the source of the rumble. They never concentrated but flickered rebelliously, resisting the mind’s demands. The blurry blob in the distance resolved into the IDC movement, their blue outfits forming an unyielding wall of belief. 

The IDC community pressed forward, their step shaking the ground like a synchronized heartbeat, sending tremors through the earth. Their azure attire seemed to emit a radiated aura, enveloping the surroundings in a celestial glow. Clutched firmly in their uplifted hands were signs adorned with vibrant colors and striking images, their message reverberating with a power akin to a chorus of a thousand voices, fortifying the ramparts of their unwavering conviction. Amidst the tumultuous scene, their chant surged forth like an irresistible wave, quelling all opposition in its resounding wake.

Leading the chant, one passionate IDC advocate raised his voice above the rest, a mix of anger and hope in his words.

“Ioin deserves care!” 

“Welcome them and grant them basic rights!”

“Together, we can build a better future, one where they feel included in our world!”

“Don’t judge them by their appearance. Treat them as equals, not outsiders.”

“This movement is just a total joke.”

“…”

Silence fell, and hundreds of eyes fixated on the man who had spoken. As they inched closer, each joint cracked. The man suddenly opened his jaw, swallowing hard. Panic washed over him as his face turned purple in the reflection of a nearby building. The crowd's collective gaze bore into him.

“People like you don’t deserve to live.”

“People like you are destroying their lives.”

“We are creating a better future for us and them.”

Catching wind of the situation, the students in the nearby school rushed to the gates. The outnumbered guards struggled to maintain order. The guards felt their bodies deforming under the immense pressure. Bones seemed to creak and crack under the skin, like brittle twigs about to snap. Desperation filled their eyes as they cried for help, but their voices were lost in the students’ roar. Shouts and cries filled the air: a discordant song. The fence trembled. Bags and papers flew away. Actions were driven purely by instinct.

“Let us out!” they demanded, their voices echoing with youthful idealism.

“You can’t stop us from doing the right thing.”

“We are protecting Ioin’s future and our future!”

“Give the Ioins education!”

Ding

“All students at the gate, please proceed to your classes. Your education is of the utmost importance. Skipping class is not the solution to your problems.”

“Education is pointless,” someone yelled, frustration evident.

“All students should return to class now! The authorities will be called.”

“You can’t stop us from doing what is right!”

“Students, join us for the better of humanity and Ioins.”

“For our future of Ioins!”

Losing interest, the Ioins returned on their journey, leaving the school behind, but darkness lurked, creeping in its wake. Arriving at the factory, they faced another crowd of humans. The Ioins inched closer to the massive crowd; the jumbled words finally began to untangle.

“Ioin deserves care! Stop creating and destroying the harmony between the two species.”

“No aliens for laborers!”

“We didn’t force them to work here!”

“And we like work.” 

“Look what you’ve done to the Ioins, brainwashing them like animals. How could you? You are heartless and cruel!”

“They are lies, dictators, and fascists!”

“Ioin deserves care!”

“This is the police. Leave the scene now, or you will be arrested.”

“Come. Try it.”

The humans locked eyes with the police, faces flushed in red, blood vessels on the verge of bursting, eyes opened wide. They advanced. Standing in formation, the police clung to their shields, forming a human barricade, not wanting to escalate the situation. Their masks may have hidden their emotions, but they could not hide their shaking arms. Tension in the air was palpable, ready to explode. But nothing seemed to happen. Stillness. Quiet. Peac—

Boom

A Molotov cocktail exploded, shattering the tension, and unleashing a ball of flame. The ball of fire momentarily painted the surroundings with an eerie glow. The intense heat engulfed everything in its vicinity, scorching the air and sending ripples of heat waves, leaving many screaming in pain. It lasted only a few seconds before the fireball dissipated into nothing as if it had never existed. The only reminiscence was the misery it caused.  

“Squad Alpha, move forward!”

“Get out of the way. Out of the way. Get everything under contr—”

“Molotov, molotov, molotov!”

“Tase the student!”

More explosions ensued. The Ioins, with no protection, were caught in the crossfire. They watched helplessly as their fellow friends burned crisp red. Those Ioins who tried to be heroes ended up being the fuel to the advancing inferno. 

One hour later, only lifeless bodies remained, scattered among the ruins.

Those who survived were ready to tell the tale, determined to secure a better future for Ioins.