Snow White-Vampire Version | Teen Ink

Snow White-Vampire Version

May 7, 2009
By Cristiana Lombardo SILVER, Millwood, New York
Cristiana Lombardo SILVER, Millwood, New York
5 articles 0 photos 0 comments

For those of you who are so terribly naïve as to think that vampires are as docile and sweet as Edward Cullen, or as obvious and dramatic as Dracula, then you, like every other mortal are terribly mislead, for the real vampire stories, lie right underneath your nose.

Once upon a time, when the supernatural and mortal world still coincided, a recently pregnant queen sat sewing at her window of black ebony. As she watched the snowflakes fall swiftly, she pricked her finger with a needle, leaving three drops of blood to fall into the snow. As she marveled at the beauty of the red against the white she thought to herself, if only my child were as white as snow, as red as blood, and as black as the wood in this frame.

Now there’s an old saying, “Be careful what you wish for”, which heeds any man with caution of their own desires. Now whether a passing fairy had overheard, or it was simply coincident is unknown, but the queen’s wish was fulfilled, and so the true story of Snow White begins.

A starving vampire passed the castle and spotted a familiar glint of red from the forest. Merely surviving on animals for the past month, he was eager to smell the blood of a woman. This vampire was not like those that you read of in books, his skin was pale with striking and hideous veins which ran through it, his presence, indescribably unnatural, unable to fathom a single emotion. He quickly approached the castle, eyeing the marvelous ruby drops and scent of life which lured him. When he saw the perfect, plump, prey which sat and sang to her newborn child, his mouth watered with hunger, but something far more valuable struck his attention. Now if you think vampires only feed on blood, then you are entirely mistaken, for vampires feed on something far more precious, souls. The feeding of souls, is, of course, how the process of vampire transformation occurs, hence the “living dead”, but for some unknown and unexplainable reason, there a only few victims which are eligible for such transformation. So when the vampire approached the queen, he decided the newborn child’s destiny.

With unimaginable strength, the vampire grabbed the queen and savagely ripped a shred of her neck off with his teeth. He then began to carefully, and calculatingly suck every last drop of blood he could gain until her body grew shriveled and grey, collapsing into dust. Silent, he grabbed the crying baby and stared deep into her blue eyes, placing his lips to hers, slowly absorbing her innocent, and un-tampered soul. The power which he gained was tremendous as he watched the baby’s skin grow pale. He placed her down in a nearby crib, no longer crying, and went off to kill every other mortal in the castle.


News spread quickly of the devastating vampire attack, and how the queen’s newborn daughter had been left unscathed, but a nearby queen, who was also a sorceress, extremely knowledgeable in the black arts of the vampire, knew this was not the truth, and when asked to adopt this young girl, agreed, in hopes of some how reversing or limiting her curse.

Though her mother was not alive to see it, the queen had a daughter who was white as snow, whose lips thirsted for and stained with blood, and whose heart was as black and cold as ebony.

The Sorceress took the baby in, naming her Snow White, but she knew there would be deep and dark consequences to her actions. As she watched Snow White grow, she began to feel impending doom. Carefully locking her in a room where she was fed animal blood, the Queen held Snow White as best she could. But each day, Snow White grew thirstier and thirstier, and she knew she had little time before she could contain Snow White any longer.

Desperate, the Sorceress remembered a gift she had received a long time ago, a magic mirror, which answered any question. The Queen looked into the magic mirror and asked,
“Mirror, Mirror, on the wall,
I am your queen, you’ll tell me all
I ask your help in time of need
It is Snow white, please tell, I plead.”

The mirror grew a dark black, and a resonating voice came up.
“Her hunger grows,
She must depart,
You cannot kill,
That with no heart”

Though the queen heard what the mirror had said, she refused to allow a vampire to escape into the world and sent her most trusted bounty hunter to try and kill Snow White, but when he arrived, Snow White was too desperate for blood, that he was no match. She escaped into the woods, where she found a cottage that seven dwarves resided in. Instead of drinking their blood till death, Snow White made them into her mindless and devoted slaves.

The Sorceress asked the mirror each day what she should do with Snow White, but the it had no answers, so the Queen spent months researching as much she could. Finally, she made a potion that would both attract and poison Snow White, but to give it to her, she’d have to risk her own life. Disguised as an old peasant woman selling apples---each which held the poison-- she went to Snow Whites’ cottage. At the scent of the potion Snow White killed the Sorceress immediately and ate the apples, making her collapse onto the floor. The dwarves put her in a glass coffin, where the catatonically worshipped her.

Months later, a young prince saw the coffin from the forest and came, seeing the beautiful body of the vampire. He opened the coffin and pressed his lips against hers for a kiss, unknowingly allowing her to suck his soul and give her the strength to wake up.


The author's comments:
No, I am not a twilight-obsessed fangirl who is fantasizes of being a vampire, I just saw the story of Snow White and realized the opportunity to transform it.

Love to hear feedback,

Thanks