Envisage | Teen Ink

Envisage

September 29, 2009
By Lizzy12 GOLD, Palmyra, New York
Lizzy12 GOLD, Palmyra, New York
13 articles 0 photos 15 comments

Favorite Quote:
<No one can make you feel inferior without your consent> Elenor Roosevelt


Prologue



Every once in a while I catch myself looking through the window and can almost see you there, waiting. Sometimes I wish that I can change what happened. But I can’t. I can’t change the fate of so many even if it benefitted me. Even if I wanted to. Changing the death of someone is against the…the what? Rules? Rules imply a predetermined direction or guide. But it wasn’t a guide or directions set forth by others. It was just impossible; no matter how hard I tried it would not change.


I could not image what would happen if I summoned them. Them. That one word sends a word of terror mixed with respect. Them the first of our kind. The first nymph’s. Although twisted with human’s definitions and stories the nymph’s were considered of the supernatural world. Every nymph was assigned a human to protect. A human of great importance to our world. Often the humans didn’t know we were watching them some imps and in some cases nymphs were friends with there human. I was. Most humans in our world showed little importance in the world of the humans. We choose the gifted and talented humans to watch over and often those who were capable of more then they thought. Usually those in our world were not famous in the human world.



Our job as guardians and protectors of the talented was not to be taken lightly. We protected them from the power of the imps. Imps are evil demons who had incredible power over the human mind. We were protecting the humans from imps, but why I wondered did the imps take such an interest in the humans. This answer was not reveled until we came of age. Coming of age was known to the nymphs as nimpint. At nimpint a nymph was assigned a assignment and was told of the secrets. It was at my nimpint ceremony that I learned that my job was more important then I thought.


The author's comments:
Just a prolog to a story I am writing. Is it intresting ?