The Voice | Teen Ink

The Voice

October 9, 2009
By *Babygurl22* GOLD, Warsaw, Illinois
*Babygurl22* GOLD, Warsaw, Illinois
12 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
I LOVE THE COLOR ORANGE!!!!!!!!!! Love y'all...


The Voice



Hello my name is Ashley and i have a spooky story to tell you. A long time ago, when i was three, I got a stuffed rabbit for Christmas. I named it Hopper. Well as I grew up, I left him in the closet. One day when I came home from College. There was a strange noise coming from the closet. So I went and opened. AH!!! I screamed. I had passed out on my floor. Then about two hours later. I opened my eyes and I saw hopper leaning over me asking if i was okay.

I asked "How can you talk? Your a stuffed animal."

"I am a magical bunny. I can also sing. Would you like to hear?" said Hopper.

" No, I don't want to hear a stuffed animal talk or sing so just get out of here now!!!!!!!!!" I said. So hopper took off walking, I said" Hopper you can stay. Its kinda cool having a stuffed rabbit that can talk."

" Thank you miss Ashley. I am so grateful," said hopper.

"Dude its cool.You can meet Austin," I said.

"Who's Austin?"asked Hopper.

"Austins my fiance! We are getting married June 3rd of 2018," I said

"Oh, can I be the ring bunny?" He laughed.

"Hold on my phones ringing. Its probably Austin," I said.

I answered the phone."hello?"

"Hey,baby. Its Austin,"Austin said

"Oh, hey babe. You on your way home yet?" i said.

"Yea. I'm pulling in now I got you a present," He said.

" Oh cool!!" I ran outside and Austin picked me up and hugged me.

He said" I love you baby,"

I said" I love you to babe." Then he kissed me and we walked inside. I had totally for got about hopper because Austin had been in Iraq for the past five months. When we got inside Shyann , my American bulldog, came running up. Knocked Austin down.

Austin said "Hey buddy you've grown so much," Then he started crying, of course I did too.

I told Austin "We've missed you so much. tomorrow I'll call in to work so we can spend it together and see the family. Is that Ok with you?"

He said," I'm only here for one night then i go back. I wish i could just drop out of being in the army sometimes. but when I'm helping save peoples lives you love being a hero. I have a question."

" Whats is it?" I said with a smile.

"Are you gaining weight?" He said curious.

"I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!! Going on eight months," I said with a huge smile.

"OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to be a daddy?????" he said in tears.

"Yea I'm naming her Kristen," I said.

"What do I not have a say in what to name her?" he said.

"You do but I want her name to be Kristen and I want you in the delivery room," I said. It's was quite for a minute. Then we heard a rush of water. I looked down. " MY WATER JUST BROKE!!!!!!!!! HURRY GRAB MY BAG FROM THE COUCH AND GO GRAB HOPPER FROM OUR ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed. I went to the car and got in then here came Austin with Hopper. We rushed to the hospital. We got there and i went in to labor.........................



Two hours later......... We had a baby girl. We ended up naming her Shelby Lynn Reneau after Austins sister. She is 9lbs 6oz. She's 12in. long. She likes hopper a lot. She won't let him go. But she has a head full of black hair just like her dad. She has pretty blue eyes also like her dad. But she'll have the attitude like her mom. Its eight in the morning and we are going shopping for Shelby. were going to baby r us first. Oh did I tell you Austins done being recruited now he gets to stay home with me and Shelby all day. They called last night and said they found some one else to take his place and they were over joyed about Shelby. Well were heading to Austin's dads house so he can see Shelby. He's going to be so happy he has three grand kids now. Austin's sister, Shelby, has two little boys. Were pulling in the driveway now.

"Here comes grandpa" I said to Shelby. Austin's dad grabbed her out of the car and gave her lovings and said"Welcome in to this world baby girl." Then he hugged me and said congratulations.
Austin hugged me and said "she the most beautiful girl in the world."

"Thanks I'm getting ready to be your wife your supposed to think I'm the most beautiful girl in the world!!" I laughed.

He said" your my most important and special girl in the world and you know I love you and you are the most beautiful girl in the world she the most beautiful daughter in the world. Your my baby and you always will be but i have to love her too." "I know i just want you to love me too. Because we've been together since I was in sixth grade. That's a long time." I said.

"Yea, it has been a long time. What, going on fifteen years?"He said.

"Yea. Its fifteen on your birthday. The day we get married. Two more weeks. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed.

"SHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! your hurting Shelby's ears. I love you Ashley Rose Prewett." He said. " I love you too, Austin Robert Reneau!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Now its June 3rd the day I get married. I'm at the church getting ready and Austin walks in and says"Baby?" "Yea." I said. " We can't get married today." he said. "WHAT?!?!?!? Why?" I said.

"I was called back to Iraq. I'm leaving in a hour. I'm so sorry. I know you really wanted to get married on my birthday. I thought it would be cool." he said. "Now you don't get your present." I said. "What was it?" He said.

" It was me being yours forever. Well let me get out of my dress and we'll go home so you can get ready to leave." I said. So we went home and Austin left. Its been three years since we last saw him. All the sudden my phone started ringing. "Hello?" i said. "Ashley, Its Bob your husbands recruitist. well i have some bad news for you." He said.

"Yes, what is it?" I said, " Um... Its hard for me to tell you but your husband was killed by a tank." So, Shelby and I have been on our own for quite sometime now. Were doing pretty good. Shelby's three now and misses her daddy dearly. She crys every night. She always asked god why did he take him from her. Well were doing fine. So were go on with our life.

The author's comments:
It was an assingment