My Dark Guardian Part 5 | Teen Ink

My Dark Guardian Part 5

October 22, 2009
By CrowOfRuination PLATINUM, Lawrence, Kansas
CrowOfRuination PLATINUM, Lawrence, Kansas
38 articles 0 photos 20 comments

Favorite Quote:
You cannot be lonely if you like the person you're alone with. -Wayne Dyer
Leading those who have followed a greater leader without knowing what it is you are doing is the same as wielding a sword against a master of weapons. -Kreepy


Her hair was long and black, as if it were silk. It had a soft texture to it and had a slight hint of curls. It fell straight, but it had a style to it, some strands falling over her eyes and face. Her skin was very pale, almost as white as his own. Her body was slim and nicely curved with muscle but not unpleasant. Her lips were full but a bit darker then her skin, having redness to them. Her eyes he could not yet determine for they were grey, although a color was starting to form in them. The black dress she wore thus more helped to show off her body, hugging her closely. He smirked slightly, feeling like they would become something more then friends; that is if they were indeed what you call ‘friends’.

He slowly walked over to her, glancing down at the different foods, making a few suggestions to witch foods are best for what and when to eat certain others. The girl smiled, glad of his help, she was getting through his emotionless stone wall. When her stomach was full of sample tastes of the delicious foods and the few glasses of blood he walked her back up to her room. She thanked him and gave a swift kiss to his cheek before walking into the door and closing the door. He smiled, hearing the beating of her heart increase.
Turning he went back to his room, closing the door and locking it. He removed the armor plates across his chest, back, legs and arms. Removing the cloak as well as traveler’s hat. Undressing he stretched a few times before grabbing a towel and walking to a very large bathroom. Turning the water to hot he stepped into the shower, washing the bit of blood out of his hair and cleaning it as well as his body. Stepping out he turned off the water, wrapping the towel around his waist he shook his hair, the water flying everywhere. As he walked out of the bathroom he bumped into the girl, blinking he looked down at her, his white marble skin still wet from being in the shower. The girl was a bit startled at first. She didn’t mean to run into him like that, but seeing him out of his clothes so suddenly was quite distracting as well as overwhelming. Her hair was no longer covering her eyes and he could see them clearly.
He was unable to speak as he gazed down into her eyes; the swirling liquid topaz gold he saw there captured him. He caught his breath, suddenly seeing the true beauty in this girl. He felt something deep within him stir. The girl must have seen it for her eyes widened with fear. He pulled her closer to him, slowly, gently wrapping his arms around her in a warm embrace. He did not want to frighten her. He knew better then any what her fear was. His eyes were turning crimson again…the time for feeding upon him once more. Slowly he let her go. She was scared and if she wanted to run he would let her. She stared up at him with wide eyes, her skin a bit paler then usual, making her all the more beautiful.
“If you are frightened, you can go to your room.” He took a step back from her, watching her carefully. She gazed up at him something in her eyes flashing a bit.
“I am not frightened, just a bit startled that’s all,” and with that she smiled up at him, it was a bit shaky but a smile nonetheless.
“A girl not frightened of a damphir, and one that could kill you without seconds thought. You must like us then, if we do not frighten you like everyone else.” His voice was low and deadly, showing every bit of warning he was giving her.
“Well, I’m not an ordinary girl you could say. Not ordinary at all. I am very different from everyone around me. You may be a damphir but I am different from you as well as from humans or even vampires. I’m a-“she stopped herself short, almost revealing her darkest secret to him. Instead she changed the subject. “I don’t believe I ever got your name.”


The author's comments:
This is Part 5 in my writing of The Dark Guardian. To look at parts 1-4 just look at my other work and they will show up.