The Search for the Diamond Princess | Teen Ink

The Search for the Diamond Princess

By Fashionista828 PLATINUM, Vienna, Virginia
Fashionista828 PLATINUM, Vienna, Virginia

True love doesn't have a happy ending, because true love dosn't end. <3
"I am a great housekeeper: Every time I lose a man I get his house!!" ~Zsa Zsa Gabor

Once, there was a kingdom far away, called Jewelia. Its capital was called Diamond City. The whole city glittered like a diamond, with all of its glass buildings. And in the center of the city lay the beautiful Princess Evangeline. She was the most striking girl in the kingdom. But her beauty was only in account for the city’s prize diamond. Without it she would be poor and unsightly in other people’s eyes. Although, only the Princess knew this. The princess loved it.

One day she told her father that she did not want to be disturbed. But instead of sleeping she sneaked out by not wearing the diamond but putting it in her horse’s saddle bag. She left on her horse and went into the woods. It was a sunny day and she was in her sanctuary. But slowly a dangerous storm rolled in. It started to sprinkle and then to pour. She was shivering and whenever the wind blew a chill went down her spine. She slowly turned around but lightning struck near her. Her horse was spooked and reared up on its hind legs. Evangeline slipped off the back and landed on the muddy ground. She rolled over and she screamed when she slipped off the trail and into the stream.

Back at the castle, the king first realized that his daughter had lied to him. The guards were searching for her, when her horse arrived at the gates. The king recognized the horse and looked in the saddle bags. All he pulled out was a handkerchief with the diamond in it.

“I want every man in the cities area searching for my daughter she must be found! The man ho finds her shall be her husband!” the king proclaimed to the kingdom.

That next day, before the proclamation had reached the countryside, a young lad, Fredrick, was walking through the woods with his dog, Homer. They had also been caught in the storm and became lost. They were just heading back to their home when they heard a horse galloping away. They found the horse prints, almost washed away from the rain, and decided to follow it. But Homer had another idea.

“Homer!” yelled Fredrick as his dog went down into the stream. “Homer there is nothing down there. Come back up so we can follow thi—“

But before he could finish he spotted the thing Homer had smelled. It was a young woman! He ran down and fetched her. Then he and Homer followed the horse trail to Diamond City. Fredrick had never been to Diamond City, so he did not know where to go. So he went to the Palace. The officer at the front led him into the throne room. There was the King and Queen! Fredrick bowed. The king looked disinterested.

“I do not know why I am here but I have found this girl and I do not know who she is. Could you tell me?”

“I am sorry dear boy, but I myself am in a predicament. I have lost my daughter. But I am sure that this is not my daughter. My daughter is lovelier than she. ”

Then Homer came up to the king and bit the diamond off his neck. Before anyone could say anything, Homer placed the diamond on the girl on the floor and a great light filled the room. When the light had disappeared, the gorgeous Princess Evangeline was standing there. They were so surprised! She looked at her family and then at Fredrick. She went up to him, and thanked him with a kiss. The king proclaimed that Evangeline and Fredrick would be married.

And they lived happily ever after…

We had to combin some stories we had written and this is what i cam up with.