His Heart Part 2 | Teen Ink

His Heart Part 2

By Victoria_Luz PLATINUM, Niantic, Connecticut
Victoria_Luz PLATINUM, Niantic, Connecticut

His heart is black, Karmiti. And your heart is warming to his. You must stop before he can taint your pure heart. Shilio said the next day. I had taken to talking to her because I didn’t want to be alone with my thoughts.
“I agree. But I’m just sort of confused right now.” I replied.
About what? It is simple, you weaken him, however possible, then run far away. And then live happily ever after.
“That doesn’t work so well for dryads.”
Why?
“Because, we’re meant to be with one person the rest of our lives, and I’ve been looking for the past century. Plus there aren’t many dryads left, maybe mine died.”
Or maybe he isn’t a dryad.
“Then what could he be? Can’t be human or I’ll have to watch him get old and die. That would be terrible.” I was saddened by just the idea.
You will find him. But first you must escape.
“And I must make sure to take you with me.” I said seriously.
Thank you Karmiti.
“Can you tell me everything you see in his heart?” I asked Shilio.
“What?” asked a voice from behind me. I turned to see a slightly annoyed, and confused looking Alaster.
“I was talking to Shilio.” I explained.
“The roses?”
“Yes.”
“You named the roses Shilio?” he asked incredulously.
“No, that is their name.”
“Aww” he said in mock understanding. “What was that bit about the hearts?”
I smirked, “Roses have the unique ability to read a person’s heart.” His eyebrows raised. He walked over to me, not to close, but an almost cautious distance.
“And what do they say about me?” he asked. I pursed my lips and shook my head. “Avoiding questions again?”
“No, avoiding repercussions.” I said. He looked puzzled, but then understanding dawned.
“That bad, huh?”
Get that filthy monster away from me!
“She doesn’t like you too much.” I said, “Come on, let’s go outside.” I was feeling drained thanks to his meal last night. He scooped me into his arms, and jumped out the window. Again, his arms tightened around me as we fell. When we landed he did not let me go. Instead he started to walk around the house.
“Where are you going?” I asked, surprised.
“It’s a secret.” His lips quirked, “I’m earning that smile.” I had to stifle a giggle. That made him smirk. “I also believe I will make it my endeavor to make you squeak.” That had me laughing outright. “What?” he asked, amused and curious. His eyes were twinkling. That was unusual as well.
”It all sounds so ludicrous, a vampire trying to make his dryad Cuore, smile and squeak.” I really couldn’t help but giggle.
“You know usually a vampire lives for his Cuore.” His face darkened. “He would do anything for her happiness.” And darker still, “I’ve found that to be a stupid attempt.”
“Why?” I whispered.
“Because!” he almost shouted, “What if their so goddamn selfish that you keep giving and not once do they thank you or even seemed pleased? What if their happiness does not include the vampire?!” his hands became unbearably tight holding me.
“Alaster?” he seemed so far away I felt the need to remind him of my presence. He glared down at me his eyes fierce. “Can you let me down?” I barely whispered.
“No” he growled, “And I suggest you stop trying to dig into my past.” I nodded my understanding. “You don’t even like answering my questions about you.” he accused, but he seemed calmer.
“Honestly you don’t ask many questions about me. Or really any at all.” I concluded.
“You wouldn’t tell me you were a dryad until almost dead.” He snapped. I pursed my lips, not willing to admit to him the stupidity of that plan. Or the fact that now I did have the upper-hand. “It took you a while to tell me if you were immortal or not. Or how about your age? Which you still have left unanswered.”
“Those are the only three you can think of, so Ha!” I laughed in triumph.
“You are so very strange.”
“Yep, it comes with the ‘not human’ territory. Don’t you think so?” he just looked at me with kind of amused and bemused look. “Oh, and I’m 118.” I added on.
“Why would you tell me now?” he asked surprised, just what I’d hoped for.
“Because you didn’t ask.” I grinned mischievously. He just shook his head,
“118?” he smirked, “You’re older than me.”
“Only by about 40 years.” That made him chuckled. As we rounded the house to a low fenced in area. It was just a large area with no grass. “What’s this?” I asked as he set me down. He wrapped his arm around my waist and hauled me into his side.
“It’s a garden.” He murmured into my ear. “For you” he added. I looked at him, shocked. Tears welled up in my eyes and I covered my mouth with my hands. He stared down at me, puzzled, “Why are you crying?”
“Because I’m happy.” I choked out, I threw my arms around Alaster and kissed him on the cheek. “Thank you. This is so sweet.” I said against his cheek. He seemed completely taken aback. But then he wrapped his arms around me and brought me so we were facing each other.
“No crying. I came here for that smile.” He said. And I really couldn’t help but smile. Smile with every little part of my soul. He just stared at me, awed. He crushed me to his chest. “You will show no one else that smile. It is for me and me alone.” He said possessively. I nodded, at a loss for what to say to that.
“We need seeds.” I said instead, “For the garden.”
“I’ll send a servant to get them tomorrow.” He said.
“You actually have servants?” I asked, curious. He pulled me away to look into my eyes.
“Of course I do. Who do you think made your meals? Or keeps this place clean?” he asked. I shrugged.
“I want to collect seeds myself.” I said. His eyes darkened considerably.
“You’re not going into town.” His tone was bleak but demanding.
“I didn’t say I was getting them in town.” I said mischievously and started to walk into the woods. Alaster kept pace beside me, closer then I expected from him.
“Where are you going to get seeds?” he asked. I chuckled but said nothing until we came upon some lovely wild flowers. I crouched down and said,
“Hello”
Greetings child of the forest. Why do you bring such evil to us? I turned to Alaster,
“Another one of your admirers.” I said sarcastically.
“How is it all of your plants know what I am?” he asked, seeming irritated.
“They can all read auras.” I said.
“Auras?” he questioned.
“Every creature, plant and animal, has an intangible signature that kind of emanates from them. They differ upon what being they are. Plants have very soft auras while humans have stronger auras. But immortals are the strongest.”
“What does mine look like?” his voice sounded bleak. I immediately switched to my ‘other’ sight. Everything looked different. Even in the moonlight every blade of grass, and tree shone in a little brilliance of green. I turned to Alaster.
“It’s thick, and very, very powerful. But sort of a dark…purple.” I finished. It kind of swirled around him like a corona of wicked power. But it was softening. I took a peek when I first saw him. Then it was black and a swirling darkness. Now it was just a simmering purple color.
“Purple, eh?” he seemed amused. “And what does yours look like?” he asked.
“Green.” Obviously. “But like a glowing bright green.” I went back to my normal sight.
“Your eyes changed color.” He pointed out. “They glowed.” I pondered that. But then turned back to the task at hand.
“May I borrow one of your seeds?” I asked the little flowers.
Of course. And a little seed dropped into my waiting hand.
“That’s pretty incredible.” He said in astonishment. I proceeded to the other flower around us until I had maybe ten seeds in my hands. I slipped them into my pocket as we both stood and I turned and walked further into the forest.
“Where are you going?” he asked, puzzled.
“More seeds.” I said happily. He swiftly caught up with me and took to strolling at my side, often casting glances at my face. I stopped when I saw a little birch tree.
“Oooh” I cooed and dropped to my knees. It didn’t seem to be doing too well, surrounded as it was by large oaks. “How would you like to come with me little one?” I asked it.
Will I be safe from the dark one?
“Yes, I promise.” And held out my hand. I mentally tapped into the tree’s aura, lending it my power. Using my power the little tree removed its roots from the ground and crawled onto my waiting hand like a spider. I heard Alaster’s sharp intake of breath. I looked at him as I stood up.
“How were you able to do that?” he snapped.

This is part 2 to his heart. Sorry it took so long, i thought it was already there but the rest was cut off! anyway here it is!

Kathryn2010 said...
Again this was really good i'm glad that there is more! I love this story it is very different from the others

go to http ://www.inkpop .com /projects/6497/cuore/read-project/#chapter<br />
it has the rest of the story!!! :)

hey the rest of the story is on Inkpop .com , I'm vampirewaffle and it's called Cuore if you want to read the rest quicker :)

In all...about 50 pages. And teenink only lets me upload 10,000 words at a time, so it'll be in a bunch of parts :)

gooooooood!!!!!!! how long is the whole story??????

yes, i have already written the whole story, i'm just working on uploading it. :) Sorry! It might take a little while

plz tell me that there is more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!