Consumers (Part 1) | Teen Ink

Consumers (Part 1)

December 14, 2009
By JHale_44 GOLD, Roseville, Michigan
JHale_44 GOLD, Roseville, Michigan
18 articles 0 photos 44 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love is a mystery, and a lot of mysteries dont get sloved."

- Ivory Tears


Hunger. That’s what I was fighting right now. I was lying in my bed curled up and almost crying. I couldn’t live like this for much longer. My dad said that the pain would only last a little while, but his idea of time and mine are two totally different things.

But I couldn’t take it any longer. So I got up, and started to walk. My sister said it always started like this. With pain so bad you can hardly stand it, and then finally to let all the worry out of you, all the sorrow, and grief, and just go. Yeah, that’s what I’m doing now.

But I was just planning on doing a walk. Long walk thru he woods, clear my head ease some pain. But that’s not how it turned out. No, no way. It had to turn out so hard and difficult.

I didn’t see him right away. But the minute I did, I knew he was the one, my first. The one that makes all the others much easier. I still remember the day my sister had her first, she cried for days before, not knowing what it what feel like to hurt someone.wondering what it would be like to see them look at you, in fear of you. But after, she was cold, she didn’t care about how they loked at you or who they were.

He wasn’t far; I could feel him coming up on me quickly. And as soon as he was close enough to get that first feeling of the heat and energy… something stopped me. A force within, something I couldn’t control. He walked up to me and smiled, and smiled that not even I can explain.

He was still to far to see his face so clear, but I could tell there was something wrong with this picture.

Was it a dream? No, no dream could be like this, no dream ever. But it wasn’t right. It was all wrong. And then, that warm feeling again, like the one you get when your about to consume. Ok just a few gitters, that’s a natural… right? Wrong. We consumers never get the gitters or even a little afraid before a hunt. Especially not on our first one.Thats whats so insane about my family, we ALL had some kind of problem with ours, and maybe this was mine.

And while I’m babbling in my mind about what was and wasn’t right, I didn’t even realize that he was right up on me and I could see his face.

“Don’t even try it.” He said to me. I knew that voice, that deep and soothing sound. Yes, I knew it.

But before I could say anything back everything had when black, and I was drifting in my memories.
I hadn’t known what had happened until weeks later, it wasn’t a dream, and it wasn’t real. It was what they call a Consumers hallucination. When your almost 17 and you know your time is short that’s what happens. But I wasn’t Almost 17, I had turned 17 almost a mouth ago, and I hadn’t even gotten my first. That worried me.


The author's comments:
This peice is part of a book im writing. When you read the book, you will understand what this part means totally. Hope you enjoy it anyway.