Consumers (Part 2) | Teen Ink

Consumers (Part 2)

By JHale_44 GOLD, Roseville, Michigan
JHale_44 GOLD, Roseville, Michigan

"Love is a mystery, and a lot of mysteries dont get sloved."

- Ivory Tears

It was hard getting use to the fact that I wasn’t like my family…yet. I was always so happy to become like them and now, my dream, every consumer in the worlds dream, was gone just like that.
I spent many of days like I did in my dream. I start out in my bed crying, not eating, thinking of myself as a failure, and the fact was, that I new I wasn’t, but I couldn’t get the horrid thought from my head.
It just kept coming back, even when I thought I was getting better, when I started eating again.
And I guess my depression didn’t help my family any little bit, my brother Jared had just been killed, and we were already going through some hard time, so the thought of me not… not becoming a consumer, it was totally unexpected and made life in my home, much, much harder.
Some times my mother suggests maybe its for the best. “Maybe it wasn’t ment to be,” she would said, but my sister, Faith, would have nothing to do with that idea.
“Of course it was ment to be!” she would yelled. “Roz is one of us, she just is… a late bloomer.” She would look over at me.
“Right Roz?” she says. “Your just a late bloomer aren’t you?” But sadly I couldn’t answer, because I didn’t know. I hoped my sister was right, but I had this deep feeling that my mother was. What if it wasn’t ment to be?

Consumed

Consumers were not like bloodsuckers. People mistake us for them all the time, but the different is, number one, they don’t exist, we do. Number two, there supposed to be dead, were not dead, we just as alive as you. And third, we don’t suck blood. Personally I think the idea of it is just nasty.
What we do, do is something much different. We ‘consume’ electricity. That’s different if you ask me, because we don’t have to kill people, and the only way to become like us, is to be born into a consumer family. I was, were you?
But also is another way. There is a group of nonhumans called that Tatena’s. in this way we are still not like bloodsuckers.
When is comes to the Tatena, we take there energy, and it just puts them to sleep. We can only do this, because there not human, and what keeps them going, is energy, very close to electricity. And the man in my dream, he was one of them.

Helped

It was a Friday. I was taking a long shower after dinner, which I did eat. After I got out and went to my basement, I realized something. I had that warm feeling, that one you get when your about to consume. I tried not to get too exited about this.
I started to walk toward the kitchen. It was getting hotter. And I realized this was the real deal. But then I thought… maybe it wasn’t.

This is part 2 to Consumers part one. I liked when I stopped because it kind of puts you on the edge of your seat waiting to see what happens next.

JHale_44 GOLD said...
JHale_44 GOLD, Roseville, Michigan

- Ivory Tears

Thanks! Did you read the first part? Well yeah I will def read some of yours.

TallyYoungblood SILVER, Albion, New York

Yesterday's history, tomorrow's a mystery, but today is a gift, that's why it is called present

very very good. i enjoy watching you inspire yourself. its touching in a way. check out some of my stuff?