Run.. | Teen Ink

Run..

December 26, 2009
By Emma.H.96 DIAMOND, Kalamazoo, Michigan
Emma.H.96 DIAMOND, Kalamazoo, Michigan
65 articles 0 photos 67 comments

Favorite Quote:
You own everything that happened to you. Tell your stories. If people wanted you to write warmly about them, they should've behaved better. -Anne Lamott, from Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing and Life.


I knew that the more breaths I took, the closer he was to finding me. The more seonds I stood here, the more time he had to get to where I was, so I ran. I ran until my feet trembled beneath my cold body. The trees were my cover against the helicopters searching for me below. The rain erased my distinct footprints from the dirt. The only thing in the way of my escape was the cliff. The waters below crashed into the wall of it and the rocks on the closer to the shore didn't make for a safe landing. I heard the voices. The lights, the sounds, the end was all getting closer. I took what little chane I had and ran. I rushed over the edge of the cliff hoping that the sharp bolders didn't peirce my body. The freezing water greeted my body and the rocks farther behind me let me know I was still alive. I kicked my legs and arms in an attempt to move. The waters were gentler with me in them, and the waves moved me away from my old life. I was floating, both inside and outside. The thoughts moved in me. I didn't want to accept what i was, or what I was supposed to do. The thought of killing another creature disgusted me, the acceptence that I was supposed to, made shivers down my spine. If I was a powerful girl, why couldn't I just say no? Oh, that's right, they could kill me for saying no. Thats why I had to get away from there. The night was coming and the farther I was from the shore, the farther I was out at sea. I knew the creatures out there wouldn't hurt me because I was their friends and they knew what I could do to them, I never dreamed of it though, I only had nightmares. What am I, you ask. I am a gypsy, a woman who ontrols people and things. I can make you kill yourself with guilt or anger and I can kill you with immense pain in your head that it feels like all the blood in your body is in your brain. I can make you feel as if you owe me your life for something I never did. I am looked upon for favors because I can also heal you from any illness. I was created to destroy, so why I am running away from my fears? I am deffinetly not the most powerful being out there. My betrothed is the one I am running from. I am running because he only wants me for my power and for my beauty. I was made to allure men to kill them and to suk the reminents opf their souls from their corpses. I work for the devil, or the devils business. Every soul I kill goes to him and his army. His army of demons and himself plan to overtake the world and make all creatures his slaves. I've only killed one person in my whold life, and that is my own brother. Only because he killed lour mom and dad. He is a fallen, which is the same as me, only male. My journey to escape my master has just begun, but I know that God won't let anything happen to me because I would much rather live in heaven than be doomed to a lifetime of hatred. soon enough these humans will figure out what I am and will destroy me. So instead of burning in a fire made of the wary souls That shake in fright of me. Instead, I run, which is better than killing at least. I wish you peace from here and forever, hopefully how long I will be living, for I am stuck at the age of sixteen forever. From now on, all creatures will live that pass my eyes, even if it means I have to give my life in its place.