A Fairy's Story *Chapter 1 | Teen Ink

A Fairy's Story *Chapter 1

By BleedingRose PLATINUM, Frederic, Wisconsin
BleedingRose PLATINUM, Frederic, Wisconsin

*The darkness holds infinite possibilities.

(mine)

I always knew I was different. Always felt a broken thread that should have been connecting me to others, a missing peice to the puzzle. But that was me alright: a puzzle. An absract painting with three eyes in one corner, an ear in another, lips from the scrambled face in the center. Maybe you think I'm exagerating? But no. Normal fifteen year old girls don't have perfect, uncuttable hair that flows to their waist, with natural streaks of purple joining the glossy black. Normal girls certainly don't have elaborate black curls etched into their skin coming from the corner of their eyes. And most defenitely, they do not have veil-like wings sprouting from their back. They were not trained in weaponary skills, killing demons, and hiding secrets. But I am. So now you know, I am not, by any means, an ordinary girl.
* * * * *
You see, my secret worls co-excists with your normal world. What's that? Don't think your world is all that normal and plain? Well, I suppose not to someone who's never killed a vampire, slain werewolves, or fought for their life with a demon and won the battle. I'm guessing you've never seen a centaur, ridden a unicorn, or been to Earth's second (invisible to you) moon? Right about now, I'll bet this is all sounding fake to you. I'm lying. Magical creatures and an invisible moon don't excist. Well, if your going to be so pessimistic before you hear my story, there's no point for you to continue reading my story, how I ended up like this. You can look away now. Bye. Still reading? I guess only the interested are left now. Where was I? Oh yes. What you'll probably be surprised to know is that you've most likely met a fairy before. No? Well, of course they wouldn't tell you if they were. Well, let's try this. Have you ever met someone with tattoos of either stars or smokey curls? That's the most give away sign of a fairy. Of course, they aren't always in a place most people generally show to the public. And not all people that have these are fairies, only the ones born with these marks are. The difference between having stars or curls is a big one: magical abilities or the gift of flight. Born with the mark of stars automatically marked as one of the magical. You were to be trained in spells and healing potions, right along with poisons for the enemies, or warriors too wounded to go on. And that's just what the ones with black curls, like me, were. Warriors, born with the quickness and lightness of wind, semi-transparent wings to guide our flight. We specialized in fighting, the cunning to trick, the speed to defend, and the strength to kill. At this point, you may be wondering what we might need to defend, our reason for killing, and what we kill.
* * * * *
Us fairies share our land with the wickens. You are less likely to have met a wicken, they mainly keep to themselves deep in a quiet forest, surrounded by all nature's herbs and blossoms to brew. Especially the plants invisible to humans, like you. Just how much can't you see? Well, a lot, actually. You can't see the wings of a flight fairy, the magical elements of nature, or the invisible moon encircling earth, Korfoo. And what could look like you average Joe could actually be a demon or vampire, its pale, nightly looks hidden by the laws of our secret world. I mentioned before how our world co-excists with yours. Well, it does. It's all around you now, you just can't see it. You also can't hear, smell, taste, or feel it either, for that matter. Annoying? Not fair? Want proof? I'm sorry, all I have to say to that is too bad. But this is what the we work for, fight for. To remain in control of this world, keep it from the claws of beasts and evil ones. You see, if they take control here, they will have the power to give you and all humans the Sight. By that, I mean you'll be able to see all the magic air of another world's contents around you. Scary? Fun? You'd be better off going with the first. If evil got hold of the magical reigns, it would change life as you, and even magaical creatures, know it. Am I sounding over dramatic to you? Do you not believe me? Scorning? You already had the invitation to leave, stop reading now. So now, only if you believe, you may continue reading. Let your eyes dance across the words and take in and imagine as much as our human mind can. Is there a non-beleiver still reading? Do you need an invitation? Those of you who roll their eyes, stop reading now. Those of you waiting for me to tell more, I welcome you, friends, to continue the story.
* * * * *

I hope you like this, look for chapter two! If you don't like it, please at least tell me why! This is a little different then my usual writing style, so I hope you enjoy!

(mine)

I'm planning on it, I have chap. 2 written out

TheStoryWeaver GOLD, Sofia, Other

"The Aenied is an Odyssey of epic proportions." - Caleb
"Eve was deceived and ate the fruit, Adam ate it out of stupidity." - Mr. M
"Begone ye map of woe!"
"I'm the map..." - Lydia and Caleb.

oo, ok. i think you should add more of the story anyways. 

your welcome. 

(mine)

LOLZ there rly is?  Funny!  But the sarcastic-bitter thing is kinda what i was going for, it's her character and mood as she writes this.  But thanks so much for the thoughts and critism!

-Rose

TheStoryWeaver GOLD, Sofia, Other

"Begone ye map of woe!"
"I'm the map..." - Lydia and Caleb.

nice but I thought it was a little too bitter and sarcastic. 

just a random thought but there is actually a place called Korfu. It's a Greek island. :p 

(mine)

Thanks! Don't worry, I'm working on it, but I need to update some other things first!

dark_roses14 PLATINUM, Mazon, Illinois

play the music, turn it up loud, dance around, and drown out reality

this is great!! i can't wait til chapter 2!!!

(mine)

Thank you so much, that's the best comment ever! :D I'll try to continue this and some others soon, but I have writers block! Ahhh!

-Rose

(mine)

FantasyLover said...
I've read all your work, it's really great! Keep writing, you'll go far! I love Midnight Bite!