Familiar Girl | Teen Ink

Familiar Girl

By PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin
PussnBoots GOLD, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

"When life hands you lemons, make apple juice. Then sit back and watch the world wonder how you did it." -Unknown
"The world is my pineapple. I just have to figure out a way past the prickly parts." -Me

I cannot help but stare. It is her. I know it is.

I had thought I would never see her again. When I had led her to Cara, I had thought I was done. But I obviously am not.

She is much like I remember. Her hair is still that pretty honey-gold, and it frames her oval face perfectly, with the breeze tugging at it gently. Her skin is creamy, while her cheeks are rosy from the wind. Those bright hazel eyes still cannot decide what shade they want to be, whether it is forest green, warm brown, or somewhere in between. They are very expressive, talking to me even while her pink, cupid-bow mouth is closed.

Of course, she has grown since the last time I saw her. She has turned into a very beautiful young woman. I cannot help but wonder if she is the same sweet girl that pet a stray so gently, even while most small children would hit or pull a tail.

She stares right back at me. There is curiosity in her eyes, and just a flicker of confusion. That flicker makes me worry for a second, but then I quench my uncertainty. She does not recognize me, for how could she? I have never shown her my human form. To her, I am just an anonymous man.

I was bored, so i just wrote this from the "man's" perspective. It kind of explains the other Anonymous Man articles. Please tell me if you like it or not. :]

mudpuppy BRONZE, Orangeburg, South Carolina

Life is like a box of cheese and flower petal sometimes it's soft and sweet, sometimes it just plain stinks. - M.J.

This right here interesting, I like how you enter linked the stories. They're short and sweet, but keep you craving more. :)

weebnini DIAMOND, San Diego, California

"Done & Over"

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

"People should be able to say how they feel. How they really feel. Not, you know, some words that some strangers put in their mouth."

that was cool too. u should write more of these. i really like it!! so write!:)

Another great story, keeps one on their toes.

mommabear said...
More please!!!!!