Amour. | Teen Ink

Amour.

By steezyb33zy GOLD, Ewa Beach, Hawaii
steezyb33zy GOLD, Ewa Beach, Hawaii

I have a call to literature, perhaps of a low order -- i.e. humorous. It is nothing to be proud of, but it is my strongest suit.

He is like a firefly in the night, dancing intricate patterns across the silhouettes my mind occasionally and inadvertently weaves out of spite. Making the silk moonlight seem dim, he is a nightlight tearing up my marred perception of reality. Forlorn silences are shattered one by one by the strangled yet eloquent truths he utters — there is a daybreak, a deep rumbling in my heart that makes me tremble slightly, even to this day. Weary with curiosity and a strange yearning, I emerge from the rubble, no longer guarded. The four walls - that fickle castle and throne I’d surrounded myself with - lay in ruins, pointed shards and home to lurking creatures. But now, he is my protection. Oh, how he has abruptly dismembered my wicked world.

mudpuppy BRONZE, Orangeburg, South Carolina

Life is like a box of cheese and flower petal sometimes it's soft and sweet, sometimes it just plain stinks. - M.J.

Wow. It's like whoever she's talking about pulled at her soft, sensitive side, leaving her afraid and confuse. Of course, I'm just taking a guess at the theme here. :) This is sweet, yet slightly dark. Brilliant.

digimac22 said...
digimac22, Fairfield, Connecticut

Whatever you are, be a good one.

This is so good! I loved it! Write more! YOur vocabulary and descriptions brought the piece to life. Could you take a look at my work please? Some are short like this piece and I don't know if I should try to start making them longer...?