Angel of Death | Teen Ink

Angel of Death

By Raytheraym PLATINUM, Belton, Missouri
Raytheraym PLATINUM, Belton, Missouri

Any second now, I think as I watch from a distance.

It never gets easier and it never ends.

I've been doing this for so long, I don't even blink when it finally happens. There's a screech and a scream. I take a deep breath and swiftly move forward.

Graceful as ever, I make my way to the young woman. She lies in the middle of the street with her body spread out as if on a crucifix.

I kneel down beside her ragged, torn, and bloodied body. With my long, silky black hair hanging around my face like a veil, I look down on her forever-peaceful face. Her eyes are closed and I sigh a breath of relief. The eyes are too hard to look at.

I gently place my hand on her shoulder and she jolts and opens her eyes as if awakening from a nightmare. She looks at me with her pale blue eyes and I can tell instantly that she knows.

I smile sadly, almost apologetically. "Yes," I whisper and nod slowly. I help her into a sitting position, breaking her away from herself, and watch quietly as she cries into her hands.

Then standing, I glance around. People are stopped and staring. I can hear sirens in the distance, but I know that it's too late.

I tend to avoid paying any attention to the living, but for a moment I register the shock and sadness on each of their faces.

If only they knew, I am watching.

Raytheraym said...
Thank you very much!

TanGem PLATINUM, Colorado Springs, Colorado

Love is not a feeling; it is a gift, an act, an ultimate sacrifice. -Me (Em)

Whoa, 5/5! It's so creepy.

One part I'm not really into is the angel's black hair. I have black hair, so you can see why I would be biased. lol. Also, I have brown eyes, not blue, so... Idk, maybe you could change that to "dark" hair and "light" eyes so more people can relate. I don't think this would detract from your piece at all since it's all about contrasting light and dark anyways, right?

Overall, very imaginative and great job.