And We Begin Again. | Teen Ink

And We Begin Again.

December 27, 2010
By DannyKid33 PLATINUM, Pleasant Hill, California
DannyKid33 PLATINUM, Pleasant Hill, California
34 articles 2 photos 81 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Don't ever let the media tell you what to look like. You're beautiful the way you are. Stay beautiful, keep it ugly." - Gerard Way.


“I don’t think I quite understand what you want with me?” My voice quivered slightly.
The boy stood there before me, eyes like liquid that burned like fire scorching down at me. He was looking for answers to his questions, answers that he would never receive. He was questioning me about what I was, and the powers I had. He had apparently picked up on it all, how I don’t know, but I still vehemently denied it all. I was looking for an escape route, but there wasn’t a very clear one in sight.
That just meant that he was probably in for a lot more pain.
Poor guy.
“Give me some answers before you get hurt, Dimitri. I don’t want to have to hurt you.” His ice blue eyes burned brighter, and he tried to look menacing. He did a decent job for a human, I suppose.
I smirked at him.
“I’m sorry, Jeremy, but I don’t want to have to hurt you.” His eyes stopped burning for a few seconds and turned quizzical.
“You couldn’t hurt me if you tried. I’m almost twice your size.” It was true he was brawny and had muscle.
I stood up a little from where he had me pressed up against the fence by the school field, and pointed a finger at him. I just kept on smirking and him and spoke to him, treating the whole thing like a joke.
“You see, but that’s where your wrong, dear friend. Size doesn’t seem to matter in a situation like this.” He began to raise an eyebrow at me, but before he even could I was lashing out at him.
My fist connected solidly with his jaw, and I truly hoped that I hadn’t broken anything. The attack had caught him off guard and he stumbled backwards slightly, but quickly regained his balance. He swung out his leg before I could do anything about it, and his shin awkwardly hit my stomach. It would have knocked the wind out of me, but considering I didn’t really need air, it didn’t hurt too badly. At the sight of me standing there smiling up at him, beckoning him onward, blind rage filled him, and he charged at me trying to hold me up against the fence. He rushed at me a hundred miles per hour.
And he slammed straight into the fence in the spot where I used to be standing. I came up behind him and grabbed his shoulders, and spun him around. My eyes focused on his trying to control him. His eyes were crazy, wild, but slowly focused on mine, and calmed.
You will not remember any of this. You will forget everything you think you know about me. You will forget all about me, and all that has happened today.
The words burned in my mind, and were brandished into his own mind.
I let him go, and jogged away back to the school building while he stood around looking impossibly dazed and confused.
I laughed loudly, and threw my head back, and began running as fast as my feet would carry me.