Being Special Aint So Great | Teen Ink

Being Special Aint So Great

By Shrien PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York
Shrien PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

"When one door closes, another one opens"

I was in my room, throwing books at my wall when I found out I was special. No, I didn’t have perfect aim, or was a body builder. And, no, I’m not the child Jackie Robinson who learns about his special ability to throw well. So if my first sentence misled you, sorry. I was so steamed that my sister was in jail again that I took it out on my Great Illustrated Classic’s series. I don’t have temper tantrums, it’s just, my sister, she was so stupid! Every year she gets caught up with a jerk of a guy and ends up drunk, drugged, or locked up for them! Anyway, so I was throwing the Prince and The Pauper at the wall when a dude appeared out of nowhere and catches the book by the corner of the cover. He had spiky black hair and intimidating black eyes. “Uh…hey?” I say. He snaps and a girl lands on my rug, stretches like a cat and stands up. She has brown wavy hair and green sparkling eyes. She smiles at me. “Not to be rude…but who the h*** are you?”I say, sounding rude. “We’re your worst nightmare” the boy says. The girl slaps him in the gut, “Shut up Dave. We’re here to collect you” she says, and steps up to me. “The master has sent us to collect you” I blinked at her. “Yeah, so,” I say, “You appear out of nowhere tell me you’re my worst nightmare and expect me to follow YOU?” I say raising my eyebrows. The girl crossed her arms over her chest and leaned in, her voice low and her face serious, “I’ll give you ten bucks.” “Deal”

You would think people who came to collect me for something awesome would come in a limo, a car, and ice-cream truck, SOMETHING. But of course, we end up taking the bus. We wait in the freezing cold, Dave putting on his headphones and staring into the distance, as if he was completely oblivious of the girls staring at him, drool practically dripping from the corner of their mouth. “Should I have told my parents about this?” I asked. The girl smiles “You didn’t scream when we appeared, so I don’t expect you will.” I shrugged. “Where are your parents anyways?” she asked. Her green eyes were unwavering on mine. “That’s none of your d*** business, is it?” I say harshly. She raises her eyebrows, “Well then.” “Sorry, what’s your name?” I ask, realizing I didn’t know it. “I’m Isabella….and your James.” I blinked, “How’d you know that?” I asked. She shrugged, “Your favorite ice cream is mint with pistachios, you love football and you used to have a crush on a girl named Bell, but then she turned you down, so you never really liked anyone else. Your favorite color is green and your best friend is Seth.” I felt heat rise to my face. “You’re a stalker, aren’t you?” I said hoarsely, trying to lighten the mood. I didn’t like it when people knew so much about me in so little time. “And how about the Bell girl… I … never liked her” Isabella smiled, “So everything else I said was amazingly accurate and you suppose I guessed that?” I looked away, trying to divert the subject. “Look! It’s the bus!”

I wanted to write a humorous fantasy, and I chose this!

whateverjuliet BRONZE, Miami, Florida

true love never dies,it only gets stronger with time.

awesome!!!!

Shrien PLATINUM, Brooklyn, New York

Thanks! And it does continue!! (:

whateverjuliet BRONZE, Miami, Florida

it starts out really good, itll continue right? if it does, ill definetly read it!