Vampire | Teen Ink

Vampire

January 19, 2011
By Adeline_Jacobs GOLD, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
Adeline_Jacobs GOLD, Camp Lejeune, North Carolina
17 articles 0 photos 6 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The trade of authorship is a violent, and indestructible obsession." (George Sand) "Even rest should be creative, so that time doesn't flow around us, but through us. This is art." (Anna Kamienska)


I felt the warmth of her skin fade away into coldness. A shell lay in my arms. The sweet taste of her filled my veins. I could sense urgency in them, an importance. Then I felt a bitter after taste. A taste of bittersweet memories. Then before me was a life I had stolen and no right to have taken. Why did I take her? Why did I ever? The call of her blood so sweet to my desires. My tongue longed to feel the warmth. My senses are against my conscience. I threw her from me. A demon has possessed me! To walk through this world untouched by time and to steal the most precious gift of all!

I do not know her name. Where she came from. Whom she loved. A girl I lured and killed. I weep now. In earnest, I weep. Never again will I see the light of day, always the night. The never-ever ending night I wander through. Great ages I’ve seen. Great beauties I’ve beheld. The world will change around me while I shall stay the same. I weep. I weep for my-selfish-self.

The author's comments:
This is actually a prologue for a book that I wrote. I haven't published it. I don't think it's ready. But enjoy a little taste.