The Meaning of Life | Teen Ink

The Meaning of Life

February 26, 2011
By queentabbiecat99 GOLD, Dardanelle, Arkansas
queentabbiecat99 GOLD, Dardanelle, Arkansas
15 articles 0 photos 48 comments

Favorite Quote:
Things aren't always what they seem.


You glance around at the deepest shadows of the night; remembering the note that lead you to be out this late. Just randomly siting on your bathroom counter your hand writing though you swear you didn't write it.What was written on it replays in your mind over and over like a broken record,"if you want to know the meaning of life be at the square at the stroke of midnight." Sighing you close your eyes as you here the last toll of the clock. even on your most important night of your like you still manage to be late. As you finally get to the square you sit on the edge by a pile of boxes so you don't bother anyone.Even in the full moon you some how sit in shadows.you have to strain your eyes to make out the figure in the middle of the square. your eyes widen as you notice the figure seems to have no substance, and seems to be nothing more then a black shadow on the grey sheet of the night.just as you noticed that and started to back away the shadow started to speak freezing you in your tracks.
The dark shadow speaks in a deep mans voice," rise brothers and sisters to great your new dawn. step forward into the moonlight and cast away your host at long last..."
At that moment the silent night was broken by the cry and moans of a hundred people as there shadows detached from there bodies. With in seconds all of them sat in lifeless heaps, blinking glazed, sightless eyes.
Shivering you turn to run, glancing behind you to make sure the shadows aren't following. As you do you trip over the boxes falling into a bright band of moon light. your last thought before searing pain took it away was,"if thats the meaning of life i'ld rather be dead..."

years later as your now grown family leaves the home, you'ld been at since that night, you turn your sightless eyes to them and repeat the only words you remember,"beware moon shadows". they smiled sadly as they walk out the door. Closing it behind them the slowly disappear. some people just didn't get the meaning of life.


The author's comments:
Well to explain this... its about what if your shadow, the thing yoru with all the time... is really a parasite and we are the host. what if they are really what we are and we are just dumb animals hanging in here for the shadows